Helping Mum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

You have been fantastic in helping me with my problems and im now looking into helping my mother as well. Any advice would be great.

My mum has several creditors which she has been making payments to each month namely, provident, greenwoods and morses.

She is a full time student who gets a monthly bursery, however in the summer period she had no income as she was not "entitled to any benefits, including job seekers allowance etc" all to do with the fact she is a student above a certain age with no dependants. She is now in £1500 arrears with her rent, and if a "substantial payment" is not made this month she will receive an eviction notice.

She has recently started a part time job as a supply teacher however this is on an as and when needed basis so there will be no "definate amount" of income. She will graduate in May this year and hopes her part time job will still be there at the end of it, until she finds full time employment in her field.

She has now taken the advice of a dmp and the letters will be going out to creditors this week, however how do we tackle the rent?, i understand this takes 100% priority but unfortunately the council just dont seem interested. In the summer period when she was trying to gain benefits noone seemed to care that she didnt fall into a catagory which entitled her to anything and the council dont care that she had 5 months of no income, there doesnt seem to be any sympathy and were not sure how to tackle this. She has now taken on more credit to meet the "substantial payment" this month that she just cant pay back when agreed.

Any advice?, Were in Scotland, if that matters.

Thanks

forget the doorstep lenders

end off pay nothing.

i hope this DMP is not a fee paying one?

i cant see why you are usig them either!!

can i suggest as a matter of urgency

you phone these people tomorrow.

highland council money advice

0800 0901004

they are VERY VERY good and WILL deal with the rent too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks dx, and yes i didnt realise how easy it was to do a dmp on your own. Im currently looking in to ending my agreement with dmp company and no my mums will be herself, we will do it together and get thru this mess.

just stop paying the DMP

you dont have to negotiate with them

none of them will ever do court on you.

drop them dead

write if you must but NEVER EVER give out you card details

if you have get int cancelled

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...