Rejecting / repairing vehicle on HP.

Maisie999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have a vehicle which I paid a deposit and then the rest on HP. The car is faulty, it has defective brake pipes, brakes, engine, clutch etc etc.. I have an engineers report and the VOSA mot history to back up my claims so I am not worried there. The problem I have is that I do not trust the garage who supplied the vehicle now I have found out the problems with the car. I have complained to the finance company but they keep trying to pass the buck to the garage who are totally unhelpful verging upon aggressive. I am now just about to complete my financial ombudsman complaint as it is nearly 8 weeks and wondered if they could insist that the finance company pays for the repairs to the vehicle? I don't really want to reject, i want the vehicle repairing but don't trust the dealer who supplied the vehicle. Can I stipulate that I want the vehicle repairing by a main agent? What will the FO say? Any help or past experience would be appreciated please!

Can we have some more info please; date of purchase, how the car was advertsied (condition ect), make/model, mileage, age and if it has service history.

So far (assuming the car was bought in the last 8 weeks) your options are that you should return it to the seller to give him the opportunity to inspect and rectify. if you have already gone past that stage and following reasonable opportunity he has failed to make the car of satisfactory qualility and fit for the purpose, then you may be able to reject and ask for your money back. From the sounds of it, I think the latter would be your best outcome.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Ok, your options are pretty much what I said in my previous post. If there is that much wrong with it then clearly it is not of satisfactory quality AND (due to the brake issues) not fit for the purpose. The finance co will very likely tell you to take it back to the 'dealer' and have it repaired there. It is after all, their car. If the brakes are as you say they are, the question of whether they have sold you an un-roadworthy car also comes into play. Personally I would formally reject the car and then at least, you won't have to make any payments on it. If you choose to have it repaired, then you will have to make the payments on it, even if it is in the garage being fixed. Your call of course at the end of the day. My only other suggestion is that you talk tio trading standards and see what they say about the brake issues.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• 8 months later...

Blimey....whats been happening since January? Your post differs to the one I have had in my email notification... it states more that what you have posted?

Please Note

Great news but it can be useful to others if we know what happened since January. It won't be boring at all.

Please Note