Protectyourbubble.com Iphone Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have recently changed my iPhone insurance over to protectyourbubble.com insurance.

I done this as it was recommended to me and it was a 1/3 of my 3mobile insurance.

I had 3mobile insurance for 14 months and changed over to protectyourbubble on the 29/12/11

I lost my phone on the 6th Jan, and now protectmybubble.com wont cover me because of a exclusion time of 14days in the small print which says I'm not covered.

If I had known about this I wouldn't of cancelled my insurance until this one had started. My policy runs for 12 months 29/12/2011 to 28/12/2012 but not this exclusion part which I was unaware of!

When I spoke with people at protectmybubble.com they said they were aware of the conflict but unable to help me?! I have made a complaint that will take 3-4 weeks to process and all that time im phoneless! That cant be right! Most annoying thing too is that I paid for the year upfront too.

I have a letter from protectmybubble.com which clearly says 29/12/2011 my policy starts. Not * no referal to small print there at all.

What can i do?? Any help!?

There's not a lot you can do, this is a significant exclusion and one they make very clear. If you didn't read the terms at purchase of the policy, that's your own fault I'm afraid. If you didn't continue your other cover for the 14 days, again that's your own fault.

You can complain and hope they will reconsider, but mobile phone insurers aren't known for their empathy.

Sorry to bring you the negative opinion.

this is a significant exclusion and one they make very clear.

Absolute rubbish! they didnt make it very clear at all. i only found that statement on small print after I was directed by someone on the phone. look at some T&C i had to search for on the internet.

If you didn't read the terms at purchase of the policy, that's your own fault I'm afraid. I accept that but when i was told my policy starts on 28/12/11 you would assume that your policy starts on the 28/12/11

If you didn't continue your other cover for the 14 days, again that's your own fault. I would if i had know.

Thanks but no thanks, I assume you work for them or some other stitch up insurance company.

A easy click on the website, and it has in 3 seperate places (under i-m-p-o-r-t-a-n-t i-n-f-o-r-m-a-t-i-o-n) where it says about the 14 days exclusion in, FAQ's , summary, and T&C's. Granted they don't say it on the front screen just telling you about what it offer's, not doesn't offer, but , who would.

Add hot water to the level, stir .... easy enough?

• Haha 1