Fuzzgun vs Nationwide *WON*

fuzzgun19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Even more excited now!!

Total refund in my bank this morning!!

My claim was for £989.53 + £227.48 (8%) + £80 court fee = £1297.01

The amount i have received is £1291.55 which is £5.46 short.

Not too bothered about that tho.

What do I now do re the claim, do I just email to tell them its been settled, or do I have to write them a letter too?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done debt mountain and fuzzgun - i think my predictions were spot on :)

Can I ask did you claim compounded contractual interest - if so, at what rate - NW are saying I'm only 'entitled' to 8% (don't know where they got that figure from) I think it's actually up to the judge to say what I'm 'entitled' to

Spoke to some stupid women at NW - yes you know who you are! seeing as you told me you read this site all the time - who didn't know what compounded meant! :confused:

Redsue

I have not yet received the bulk of my payment yet, hopefully later today.

But I did claim contractual but it was at 7.75% which is the authorised interest rate, but then ontop of that I claimed loss of savings interest at esavings rate of 4.85%. So not sure what they are going to do about paying me for that.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Thanks debt mountain, hopefully you will be refunded the rest today :)

I think I will email MCOL and tell them, and put it in writing also (just to be safe)

Redsue: I didnt go for contractual, as I found it too confusing lol but Im very happy with what I have received!

Will transfer to my parachute then make my donation.

Even more excited now!!

Total refund in my bank this morning!!

My claim was for £989.53 + £227.48 (8%) + £80 court fee = £1297.01

The amount i have received is £1291.55 which is £5.46 short.

Not too bothered about that tho.

What do I now do re the claim, do I just email to tell them its been settled, or do I have to write them a letter too?

Well done!

When I had my claim settled through MCOL the lady on the helpdesk just asked me to give them a ring and let them know it was settled when I had actually received the money.

Sarah

Anything along the lines of:

Dear Sir,

Account No:

Claim No:

Thank you for crediting my account with the sum of £xxx in settlement of the above claim.

I confirm that I will withdrawing my claim and will cofirm this in writing to the court.

Yours sincerely,

Having had the 'We are closing your account' letter following my claim, I was wondering that will happen to the interest for this year on this account?

I know it wont be much, but will they send me a cheque in April?

Had great pleasure today going into Nationwide, taking all the refunded money out and then handing my card back!

The assistant looked puzzled.. then I explained in a rather loud voice that the money was unlawful bank charges that NW had refunded, then they had spat their dummy out and closed the account so wanted their card back.....

"oh ok" says the assistant.

Hey ho.. thats one less PIN number to remember LOL

:)

Hi Iain,

I filed my money claim online as it was convenient for me.

Its up to yourself it you claim online, or use the N1 form (you dont have to do both)

-Kate

Thanks Kate,

went to claim money on line and discovered that you have to have english address. Unfortunately I live in Sunny(not) Scotland and will have to do a bit more work and make two individual claims of1.5k thro the summary courts....Hey Ho but i'm now on track an all set to Claim It All Back... Congrats on your recent success.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I dont know if any one can help me but ive sent off all my letters to nationwide and there still adamant that there not going to pay out.... My next step is to take them to court, but I have also been charged again this month. Also can anyone tell me how you work out the interest rates? Do you put the full amount that you are owed and put in the date from the very first time you were charged?

Hi, I dont know if any one can help me but ive sent off all my letters to nationwide and there still adamant that there not going to pay out.... My next step is to take them to court, but I have also been charged again this month. Also can anyone tell me how you work out the interest rates? Do you put the full amount that you are owed and put in the date from the very first time you were charged?