my 1st cap one card

thekat1979
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Sir,

You have stipulated that you require proof of my identity/signature before you comply with my SAR, may I bring the following to your attention;

Data Protection Act Good Practice Notes:

2. Do you have enough information to be sure of the requester’s identity?

Often you will have no reason to doubt a person’s identity. For example, if a person with whom you have regular contact sends a letter from their known address it may be safe to assume that they are who they say they are.

Suffice to say that if the Information Commissioners Office are satisfied that if you have previously corresponded with me at this address then it is reasonable that I am the person I say I am, therefore there is no leglislation nor guidelines that you can hide behind in an attempt to avoid fullfilling my legal request.

If you still fail to comply to my legal request, I will have no other option than to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.

Yours,

Print name do not sign.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/checklist_for_handling_requests_for_personal_information.pdf

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8861&d=1242456802

https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Sirs,

RE Account NO XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/2008 the contents of which are noted.

In your letter you make reference to requiring my signed authorisation /specimen signature** before you comply. I draw your attention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not require that i supply you a copy of my signature before you comply with my request.

If it is for Data Protection purposes then i can happily supply you with documentation to substantiate my identity to you.

However please note that to date you have happily sent statements and correspondence containing extensive sensitive private information to my address. I have to ask if you are concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person why has it taken so long to raise this?

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of data protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998:

7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data .

• 9 months later...

Got court papers for a c1 debt on 4th December.

I was not in a very good place mental health wise (i was sure the world was ending on 21st and had made plans for it,

and was being treated by the community mental health team and taking diazapam), and in my comfusion,

was convinced I had 28 days to reply, so figured i could deal with it after my crisis.

I have now got myself in a place where i can (kind) of deal woth things again (i was very close to suicide at the beginning of and mid point of december),

but have just found out it is 14 days to reply.

I imagine this means i have had a judgement made by default, but i have not heard from the court (they used northampton).

I cannot afford to pay it off in one go, and the debt they are claiming is made up of charges.

C1 sent it to a range of debt collectors, and i asked each one of them for the credit agreement,

which none of them provided,

just said that it was being referred back to C1,

my credit balance was for £400 but the amount on the CCJ form is £750.

I have heard nothing from the cpurt but brian carter have written to me saying it isn't too late to pay them.

As a point of interest, the first i heard from them, that i know of, is 3 days before the court papers arrived.

This is all very embarrassing as i am also blind so need someone to read my mail for me, so not sure what i can do.

What can i now do?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

did you ever get the sar data back from them

how did you get on with the PENALTY charges reclaim?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, sorry, the e-mail alerts just do not seem to be coming through no matter how much I play with the settings.

I actually forgot I SAR'd them - and am having trouble finding the receipt for proof of postage that I had, but they have not sent me a thing, and I SAR'd them on the 13th February 2012.

Hope you can help.

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!