Mackenzie Hall shop direct debt

kerryi27
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this one.

I received a debt letter from Mckenzie Hall so I checked my credit report as I didnt think it would be me.

When I checked I saw that I did indeed owe money and had missed 8 payments to shop direct last year.

I looked to see who shop direct was and found that they own , additions, very, littlewoods and isme catalogues among others.

Then I realised what it was, when I moved house in Sep last year, I rang Very to confirm I had moved address. I distinctly remembering asking the girl was she able to change the Additions account also rather than me ringing back and she said yes she would change both.

I thought that was that and completely forgot about this other account. I rang Very up and the person there explained that I had owed £135.00 before my moving date.

The debt Mackenzie hall want me to payis £290.00 ( i presume missed payment fees).

I have no problem paying the £135.00 that I originally owed but I am very unhappy about the extra charges.

I explained to the person at Very that If I was trying not to pay the debt I wouldnt have changed any of the accounts and am cross that they werent able to work out my new address themselves without having an agency have to find me. My accounts should have been cross referenced as I used the same debit cards to pay also.

The advisor told me to email head office at shopdirect.com and they would investigate as I also wondered would they have the call recorded.

I have not yet contacted Mackenzie Hall at all.

What do you recommend I do and do I have a case here.

In all of my credit history, I have never defaulted on any payments.

Regards

Kerry

Hi,

I think the extra £155 has been added by shop direct rather than Muck hall.

What I would be doing is writing to shopdirect telling them that you will pay the late amounts but not their charges.

They will threaten all sorts but these charges are unlawful- what can they actually do!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi, Kerry on mistake can cause a lot of problems,

Ok as to MH is this the only letter you have had

from them?

Before paying out £10.00 for a SAR, take up the

suggtestion and contact Shop Direct and ask

for statements of the account, and explain the

address mix up, make sure you keep all e-mails

if you contact them.

If MH contact you then a '' prove it'' letter

from the CAG. Library can be sent.

Hopefully this can be sorted easily.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I think this is something you should be able to resolve fairly easily, but keep it in writing. No real need for confrontation. I’m assuming the account is still with SD and has not been assigned.

Make it clear to them that they only changed the details on one account – they should have changed both. Say no more than that. Point out that your other Shop Direct account continues to run perfectly well.

State that as they were at fault in failing to change your details, any collection charges must be removed (they’re probably unfair charges anyway), and any adverse credit data must also be removed.

Offer to pay only what you do owe, and ask that any credit arrangement previously in place be honoured.

Do that and let us know what comes back.

Ignore Mackenzie Hall because they are idiots of the highest order, and are also paranoid. To prove it, look at this:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/01/24/anthrax-alert-at-debt-collectors-caused-by-box-of-doughnuts-86908-21065861/

Ignore Mackenzie Hall because they are idiots of the highest order, and are also paranoid. To prove it, look at this:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...6908-21065861/

Funny funny - That is more than paranoia.

That's guilt.

For them to think that that people would try to get them with laced doughnuts.... they must know they've been up to no good.

In the early days, some seasoned CAGgers offered to post them a box of do-nuts.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

never phone a phone drone whilst they are doing the ironing:wink:

Ah! The darwin awards. natural selection at its best (or at least removal from the gene pool)

Hi ,

thanks for your replys , this letter has failure to respond at the top and payment deadline noon, 12th december,

should I contact them, it says their have been previous correspondences, I take it this is because they have been sending to wrong address.

These letters are designed to look intimidating. They are not! It is a lame attempt by the lowest DCA in the food chain to scare you into agreeing something you shouldn't

Deal with SD and ignore MH

• Confused 1

this letter has failure to respond at the top and payment deadline noon, 12th december, Oooh, you have a payment deadline of noon!! Clearly their computer has been watching too many westerns, clowns.

it says their have been previous correspondences, Er no there hasn't, this is a well worn untruth and is so 80's it's boring.....they use this puerile line on all of their petty letters..

Ignore, ignore, and ignore some more, you do not have any legal obligation to respond to ANY letter that comes through your door, just as these clowns have absolutely NO LEGAL rights knowledge or training.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!