Faulty car!!!!

lizel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the complaint I sent to GM do I have a case? Please any advice would be appreciated!!!!

To Whom this may concern.

I bought a car Opel Corsa 1.4 Essentia from the Centurion dealer.

This is my second e-mail to GM. The car was leaking oil when I received it, it is a brand new car. When I gave it in they said they will give me a curtesy car and bring it to my work, I am still waiting for the call from the manager.

Yesterday I got my car back and there was even more faults, there was a scratch sound when you pull away in first gear, sounds like the engine is shifting and the car reffs when you are in neutral, up to 3000r/pm.

I gave the car in again today. Bear in mind the car was returned twice and it is a new car? When I collected the car yesterday Sara forgot to put on my number plates and said I must come back for it, my car was at the dealer for 3 days for a oil seal repair which they said takes a day, so why didn’t they just put on my number plate?

I am realy upset with GM, I have sent an email to the consumer protection act to see what my options are. My brand new car is faulty and I feel you should give me a new one, I didn’t buy a new repaired car.

The whole branch in Centurion Pretoria is unhelpful. I am waiting for feedback from consumer protection, please contact me.

[EDIT]

Edited by seanamarts
Made more readable, taken out name

I guess that you are located in South Africa as we do not have a Pretoria in the UK and the cars over here are Vauxhalls not Opels. I am not sure whether under SA law it is the dealer or the manufacturer that is responsible. I guess it depends with whom the contract is. However if you have bought on HP, I would get hold of the finance house (Wesbank?) and advise them that you do not wish to make any payments on a faulty car. Until HP is cleared the car technically belongs to them.

Can I suggest that you read up on SA law concerning purchase of goods. It is my understanding that it was recently amended in favour of the consumer and very similar to the UK Sale of Goods Act. Geluk boet!