store liquadation

robbie1944
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently paid a large deposit on a suite that was in store,in fact it was an end of range suite,the company agreed to store it in there warehouse until I was ready for delivery.

The company has now gone into liquadation and I have had a formal letter and phone call asking if I still want the suite as they have now got to empty there warehouse.

The reason for me delaying delivery was a) we where having building work carried out and b) it gave me time to save to cover the balance.

Is there anything I can do to delay the delivery as I do not have the full amount available yet and if I tell them I do not want it now will I get my full deposit back

As a pensioner I cannot afford to lose money saved.

bob

I sympathise with your situation, but to be honest there is no easy solution as you would need to try and recover your deposit from the liquidator and not the store. This could take a very long time and it is possible that only a very small percentage will be returned if anything at all. The final outcome is dependant on the value of liquidated assets and the level of debt. I suspect and regret that you may be a long way down the pecking order.

I would take a chance and phone and ask if there is anything outstanding if they deliver. There may be no record that there is monies outstanding. If they say yes and it is more than you can afford, tell them that the original arrangement was that you will pay overtime. If you don't try you will never know. They may be glad to get it out of the way.

Did you pay the deposit by credit / debit card? If so and IF things don't work out and IF they end up saying bottom line is to either pay and accept delivery or lose your deposit, you can claim your deposit back by your card issuer.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar