S.R.J Debt Virgin Media

Abelly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year around July 2011 I took out a mobile phone contract with virgin for 2 years. I signed the contract and roughly a month later I got a new telephone and rang virgin to transfer the contract to my friend. They ran a credit check through her name and refused to as she had no credit rating so I told them I was going to cancel direct debit. I did and since then I now recently got a letter from S.R.J debt saying about proceeding to ligitiation. Please can someone help or advice.

Don't seem to be having much luck with these last phone contracts!!

Don't be afraid to speak out loud!

You will be liable to pay for all of the months you havent paid for - which sounds like 23 months.

Why didnt you just give the SIM to your mate and get the money off her directly or do something as opposed to just cancelling the DD? You may well end up having to pay for all the months when you havent even used them.

It would have caused inconvenience to have gone to the bank every month to put the money into my account. My friend would have paid monthly keeping up payments on time and I also made Virgin Media aware of this before they actually did a 'credit check. What will happen now regarding S.R.J Debt ?

Don't be afraid to speak out loud!

If you do not pay them they will have to take you to the small claims court to get the money back - how much are they saying you owe?

In between now and them taking you to ocurt you may get a lot of phone calls/letters from them asking for the money,

If you go to court and lose then you will have to pay the money back or get a CCJ - I think - but worth double checking.

I had SRJ chasing me for a few months and they did nothing at all other than send threatograms out.

That's not to say they wont go to court, just very unlikely due to fact that it will cost them money to do so and you would have so many basic legal rights and protections.

It would have caused inconvenience to have gone to the bank every month to put the money into my account. My friend would have paid monthly keeping up payments on time and I also made Virgin Media aware of this before they actually did a 'credit check. What will happen now regarding S.R.J Debt ?

Would it have been more inconvenient than whats happening now? Why not write to Virgin saying its all a big misunderstanding and ask very nicely if you can continue with the contract. Then give the phone to your friend along with the payment details so she can pay your account by direct debit. Problem solved :)