Help regarding Orange debt & ac's mixed up

Abelly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out an Orange contract in July 2009 for £ 30 a month then another in November for £40 a month.

in April 2010 my friend cancelled her sim only and I took out another contract and wrote to orange with both of our signatures to transfer the new contract I took out in April to her.

A month later Orange transferred my 2 contracts the one I took out in July and November to my friend without my permission.

They then sent a huge itemised billing list with all the telephone numbers I rang and texted in the past 2 months which my friend should not even have.

I rang orange on numerous occasions and they refused to speak to me because my contracts was in my friends name.

I wrote to Orange twice no reply then I wrote a 3rd time recorded delivery which I have electronic signature proof.

Still no reply. Orange then continues to bill me for 2 contracts then my friend for 3.

When my friend rang up they said she had agreed to my 2 contracts being transferred when she didn't.

They then transferred my contracts back to my name but still kept billing my friend for 3 and me for 2.

When we tried contacting no reply no help.

I then rang a solicitor who said orange has broken data protection with the list of numbers????

Orange then sends Moorcroft debt collectors to me and I told Moorcroft the situation and they cancelled my account and refused to pursue debt from me because they understood.

Orange then transfers my debt to Buchanan & clerk

Everytime I ring they won't listen to me and they also after my friend for £800 and me for £800 because they don't know who to bill.

They rang up to say they send people to my address???

What do I do???

Help please thanks,

they have also placed a default on each account and deny all knowledge of the mess and say it has been sorted.

I instantly cancelled Direct Debits with my bank with Orange and so did my friend.

Don't be afraid to speak out loud!

It's a bit hard to understand everything you wrote so please break it down.

So in short you had 3 contracts and asked orange to transfer 1 to your friend, leaving you with 2?, did orange transfer all 3 contracts to your friend? and what paper work do you have to show what you asked to be transfered?

Orange transferred the April contract and my July contract to my friend. The July number was my full time telephone number and this is what she has. I have a itemised billing somewhere with her address on and my Orange account details with all the billing details and telephone numbers etc I had contacted.

I only wanted them to transfer the April one and they then billed my friend for 2 contracts and myself for the 3. They deny all knowledge and refuse to cooperate and state they would not do such a thing.

Don't be afraid to speak out loud!

Ok Im still confused but lets make a start,

1 Do you have any bills etc with your details on linking you to these 3 accounts ( Ideally around the time the transfer was made)

2 Can you get similar bills from your friend with her details linking her to the accounts (you should be able to pull bills etc off of the orange website)

3 If you can not you and your friend must phone orange and request all your bills dating back to the start of the contracts. ( there may be a small charge)

4 Once you have these you need to think about drafting a letter to customer services and clearly explaining the problem showing all dates that are important to the transfer, if you have a copy of the original letter requesting the transfer include a copy of that as well. If you have proof they gave your friend your itemised bill ie you can show the contract was still in your name at the time of the bill you can also mention they have breached the data protection act and if they fail to assist you within 14 days you will be taking this issue up with the communications ombudsman.

5 Once you have these

I would recommend you phone orange and explain there is a problem with your account/contracts due to their mix up so you have cancelled your DD and you require them to send you a bill each month so you can go to the bank to pay it or pay over the phone,( no point getting bad ratings on your credit file for non-payment)