Becky V Studio's PPI Scheme

BECKY X
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had my account with Studio cataloge since 2001.

I have noticed the charges made to my account but never realy thought about it until a while ago when i noticed someone eles thread on here regarding PPI.

Since then i made several phone calls to cancel the PPI scheme but nothing was done. In the end i send them a letter recorded delivery stating that i wanted it cancelled. It has since been cancelled.

After reading for a while on here, i decided to send them another letter asking for whatever eveidence they had of me asking to be part of the payment protection scheme whether it be my signiture or a copy of the phone call where i agreed.

They have now sent me a letter informing me that when i started my account with them it stated on the terms and conditions that if i did not want to be a part of the scheme then i had 28 days to cancel as it was an optional scehem which could have been cancelled and that all premiums charged to my account were shown on my monthly statements and as i did not write to them within 28 days the scheme was left to run and i had been paying payment protection all this time 2001 - 2006 which i never ask for in the beginning.

The obviously have no proof of me agreeing to the PPI and the terms and conditions was not one that had to be signed and returned. They have stated that they will NOT enter into further correspondance in relation to this matter!

Do you think i will be able to retreive this money paid as i have checked the terms and conditions (A new copy which they sent me NOT one for 2001) and it does state that i have 28 days to cancel, but i never signed nothing.

What should i do? :confused:

Many Thanks

Becky

ABBEY: Owed £1.140 :mad:

06/07/06 - Requested Statements

07/08/06 - Request For Repayment Letter Sent Totaling £1,140

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

15/09/06 - Received reply offering £570 as a final settlement

25/09/06 - Accepted offer but ONLY as a partial repayment, & notified them that i am still going to persue for the remainder of the money

01/10/06 - Set up court date

Hi Becky

I too have had a Studio account for the past 3 years. I used to have the payment protection plan too, but as i grudged paying the money every month, all it took was a phonecall to them to cancel it - that was about 18 months ago.

I dont know about reclaiming your payment protection money, but you should be able to claim back their 'extortionate administration' charges.

I sent them the subject access request letter about 2 weeks ago and i got a print off of my account with them a week later. My balance with them is £470 and the amount they have added in charges totals £437.98. I have sent the request for payment letter to them today by recorded delivery and have given them 14 days to refund these charges to my account. I also mentioned that this month's payment which is due, would not be made until after these charges were credited back to my account.

Watch this space

Carol

• 2 weeks later...

hi just wondering what address you sent your letter to to retrieve your statements was it the one at top of statement and do you have to include £10 for studio aswell?l

Barclaycard:- S.A.R sent

Statements received

LBA sent

NatWest:- S.A.R sent

Statements received

Studio Cards:- S.A.R sent

Statements received

Marbles:- S.A.R sent

Statements received

LBA sent

Goodwill offered £125.00 (today)

Capital one:- S.A.R sent

Hi, yes, just the normal address at the top of the letter. I didnt mention anything about the £10 fee & didnt enclose a cheque. Had the information requested within a week, then sent letter requesting a credit of all the charges to my account, had that refunded within the week too.

Good luck :D

Thanks for your help will print letter off and see what happens wont include £10 at this stage as bit short (cars just broken down again) ill keep you updated

Barclaycard:- S.A.R sent

Statements received

LBA sent

NatWest:- S.A.R sent

Statements received

Studio Cards:- S.A.R sent

Statements received

Marbles:- S.A.R sent

Statements received

LBA sent

Goodwill offered £125.00 (today)

Capital one:- S.A.R sent