Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also UNI

Can you give us more info on her attitude etc

Guys - check my thread for full details about it (it's a bit fragmented, but I'll post a summary post in a few days -she wasn't very nice at all and i am appealing it through a circuit Judge, so keep looking at the thread for update on that.

the bank admitted they didn't have the T&C's yet she still ruled that the agreement was enforcable.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/102075-un1boy-n1-issued-breach-27.html#post1676079

Edited by un1boy

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Yes, it's rubbish.

From Wilson vs Hurstanger Ltd, COA June 2007

33. In my judgment the objective of Schedule 6 is to ensure that, as an inflexible condition of enforceability, certain basic minimum terms are included which the parties (with the benefit of legal advice if necessary) and/or the court can identify within the four corners of the agreement. Those minimum provisions combined with the requirement under section 61 that all the terms should be in a single document, and backed up by the provisions of section 127 (3), ensure that these core terms are expressly set out in the agreement itself: they cannot be orally agreed; they cannot be found in another document; they cannot be implied; and above all they cannot be in the slightest mis-stated. As a matter of policy, the lender is denied any room for manoeuvre in respect of them.

Did you use this to argue against their claim?

Hi Ian,

Yes I did - it was in my skeleton arguments, but I didn't add the whole case to my bundle. She told me that she would only use the evidence in front her (bear in mined I was a LIP AND I only got their skeleton arguments the night before, by email!!!) she let them use things that they had enetered THE MORNING of the trial but wouldn't take the case from me. they also brought up the definitions sections without it being in their arguments or bunlde - he admitted he onyl thought about it on the train!!

She wasn't very nice at all, basically called me a lier and said that with reagrds to defaults - there's nothing to stop thm issuing new ones which would stay on my file for another 6 years from now if the agreements were enforcable.

I asked for leave to appeal on the basis that it was "hearsay" that the prescribed terms were in the T&C's - she told me it wasn't hearsy, because he had made ruling based on fact. She couldn't tell me what the fact was and woudn't give me leave, so said I have to apply to a circuit judge.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Also UNI

Can you give us more info on her attitude etc

she knew nothing at all - she kept saying, but that woudl cause "banking chaos" despite having the rulings of higher courts in front of her and me pointing out that the CCA was implemented to protect consumers.

She was compelety bumming the bank's solicitor and he was bumming her - it was making me feel physically sick. I knew i didn't have a chance, right from the start.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

she knew nothing at all - she kept saying, but that woudl cause "banking chaos" despite having the rulings of higher courts in front of her and me pointing out that the CCA was implemented to protect consumers.

She was compelety bumming the bank's solicitor and he was bumming her - it was making me feel physically sick. I knew i didn't have a chance, right from the start.

Cant believe this UNI

Nevermind the CJ will put it right and then we can all laugh at the DJ

HI Uni

Notice subseccrion (a) says containing this means the terms must be contained within the document the section.

(b) refers to other pieces of information. Which means other documents mentioned in the above.

Prof Goode makes this point in his book where he talkes about the difference between the terms contained and embodied, its on page 322. I have reproduced the bit of the act unfer here.

Unfortunately i cannot include the quote from Dr, goodes book athough i can send you a scan of the page if you email me.

Big difference between the words contained and embodies.

(a) a document in the prescribed form itself containing all the prescribed

terms and conforming to regulations under section 60(1) is signed in the

prescribed manner both by the debtor or hirer and by or on behalf of the

creditor or owner, and

(b) the document embodies all the terms of the agreement, other than

implied terms, and

©

the document is, when presented or sent to the debtor or hirer for

Butterworths Direct - Print Page 38 of 160

http://wellington.butterworths.co.uk/wbs/NETbos.dll?POView?sk=AAFIMJMA&bk=... 22/12/2001

Edited by Dodgeball
spelling stinks

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi Peter,

which book of Prof Goode are you refering to?

is it his consumer credit law and practice?

if not can you let me know which book it is please

Regards

paul

HI

Yes its, "consumer credit law and practice."

And it confirms that the terms must be contained within the agreement other items may embody the total document.

Petr

Regards

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

OK, you legal bagels (seagulls) - now you've lost me. Who's Prof Goode please?

Can he be quoted in court or is he just reference? :confused:

Edited by foolishgirl
Whoops, sorry beagles, but you might be tastier as the original!

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Just a quck question.

As well as claiming costs if you win a SD set aside hearing, can you also claim for stress and suffering?

HAK

I know PT - just picked myself up off the floor. That's a 'ell of a goode price!! :D

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Guys - check my thread for full details about it (it's a bit fragmented, but I'll post a summary post in a few days -she wasn't very nice at all and i am appealing it through a circuit Judge, so keep looking at the thread for update on that.

the bank admitted they didn't have the T&C's yet she still ruled that the agreement was enforcable.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/102075-un1boy-n1-issued-breach-27.html#post1676079

Unfortunately judges hearing cases in the county court are not taking claims against the big boys seriously and are just going through the motions. I think an appeal in your case may result in a different outcome. However there is the cost implication if you are unsuccessful.

Good luck.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Unfortunately judges hearing cases in the county court are not taking claims against the big boys seriously and are just going through the motions. I think an appeal in your case may result in a different outcome. However there is the cost implication if you are unsuccessful.

Good luck.

Agreed, Paul.

Interesting, though, as I was just considering this costs point - surely a small claims track appeal to a Circuit Judge, as in un1's (and mine!) case, would mean that costs are limited to court fees and any ordered by the court if we were to be deemed vexatious, only?

Agreed, Paul.

Interesting, though, as I was just considering this costs point - surely a small claims track appeal to a Circuit Judge, as in un1's (and mine!) case, would mean that costs are limited to court fees and any ordered by the court if we were to be deemed vexatious, only?

Correct Chris, although if deemed unreasonable you could be spanked for costs, in reality i cannot see that happening and the other sides costs would be minimal

There can't be that many Judges out there, so why don't we start to compile a CAG List of Judges, based on CAG Members direct experiences in Court, after all, we must've seen them all by now!

Something along the lines of:

Fair and Reasonable Judges

Judge Smith

Judge Jones

CCA Clueless Judges

Judge Green

Judge Red

Judge Blue

Bank Biased Judges

Judge Brown

Something like this could give people a Heads Up on the Judge Lottery before they step into Court. Indeed, it might even force a change that could remove or reduce the Lottery aspect. Some Judges may start to do their job a little better if they realised their conduct and performance were being watched and ranked, and their bias and/or incompetence made public.

Cheers,

BRW

Hmm

Dont think the site admin would take kindly to that - chance of libel , especially considering the subjects

That would do you no good whatsoever anyway as you dont find out until you arrive who the judge will be

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Guys,

I lost a case yesterday and wasn't givn leave to appeal so I'm taking it to a circuit judge.

The bank relied on the following from the CCA:

[/font][/size][/font]

They reckon that this means the prescribed terms can be in the t&Cs, which is a seperate document. The judge agreed (although, the bank admitted they didn't have the T&C's and couldn't confirm their contents).

Any thoughts on this?

HI

This really dies need challengining.

You only need to look at the act.

Section 61a is quite clear as is SI1983/1553 that the agreement must contain the terms.

The provision mentioned in subsection(b) is to provide an overall coverage for the inclusion of other information relavant to the document not those stipulated by section 60.

Dr Goode even conjectures that section (b) could be interpreted to mean that all documentaion involved in the purchasing of the loan should be included, this would mean any advertising and pre contractual information even that not set in writing, for instance any verbal promises made by the creditor under section 56 (in the anticedent neotiations ) would have to be included as since they were spoken they could not be regarded as implied terms and would fall under section 61(b).

If they were not, then in theory section 65 would apply and the agreement could be made unenforceable. In practice the court would not be likely to allow this but it illustrates the funcion of section 61(b) and also the meaning of the term "embody" which is a world away from, "contained", as in 61(a) wich relates to the terms that must be within the agreement.

Besty regards

Peter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks