• Tweets

• On the d-day issue, * we know sunaks shameful self-interest preferring a hope at using lies for self-promotion over honoring our heroes, * we know Starmer demonstrated his statesmanship with other statesmen and women,  ** BUT where was Farage? Was he in a pub looking for self-promotion? .. Surely as a wannabe statesman - he should have spent a bit of his (someone elses?) cash attending the ceremonies? or wasn't he offered a seat near enough the front to interest him?   mind you .. "I said I wanted my county back. Well now I want my life back ... I am not a career politician... I won't be changing my mind again, I promise you" - Nigel Farage, stepping down from public life. 5 July 2016  
    • dont need them.   let the defendant play the terms game
    • I am reading the thread now and think although its probably very similar to my predicament,  I have no way of obtaining the terms anymore due to MyParcelDelivery having being dissolved and their website not being active now. I have nothing to quote from and they didn't send me a copy at the time of order, the website that I believe they reinvented themselves as P4D has terms I am looking at now but however similar they may be I wont be able to quote from them in this case. Thanks 
    • Thankyou for your reply jk2054 thats put my mind at ease regarding going forward, appreciate your help.   Thanks Bankfodder, I will look over that thread now. In regards to the further info: Item was a jacket, value £995.00 and was declared correctly Item was fully insured to the value and £995.00 declared correctly  Item was sent on 03/02/23 Thanks  
    • Sunak must be using GBNOTnews financial planners .. GB News losses up 38% to £42.4m giving channel total deficit of £76m since launch Losses in the latest accounting period were six times greater than revenue.   Mind you, as it seems to clearly be a disinformation service and route of money to poopy MPs and hangers on ... I'm sure they dont mind (mm is that the 'Tory guv or GBNews I'm talking about?.)   GB News owner pumps in further £41mn in funding as losses widen WWW.FT.COM Vehicle backed by hedge fund tycoon Paul Marshall steps in as right-leaning broadcaster increases number of staff   GB News losses grew 38% to £42.4m in 2023 financial year - Press Gazette PRESSGAZETTE.CO.UK GB News' operating losses grew 38% to £42.4m in the year to May 2023, the business has reported in its latest Companies House...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Surprise, Surprise Guy's,

I cannot get TS to prosecute!

Morgan Stanley has committed a Criminal Offence by not supplying me with a true copy of the Credit Agreement...after about 6 months they sent a copy of their terms & conditions circa 2006 with no (zero) credit limit, it was actually a generic mailer with no credit card.

MS interpretation re compliance is reg 3 1983 regs

TS does not agree with the MS interpretation due to reg 7

Therefore there is a difference of opinion re compliance between TS & MS and as there is no case law that they (TS) can go on...TS will not prosecute.

Personally, I have not heard from MS re their interpretation about their alleged compliance; as always MS are reluctant to put pen to paper. Anyhow, I have been advised by TS to wait for 2 weeks in order that I might receive correspondance from MS!?

So, there we have it...MS do not have a copy of the Agreement, I reported them to the enforcement TS Officer...what happened Nothing. No wonder the banks do a fingers up, they know that TS cannot do anything.

Looks like that I will have to obtain a solicitors advice, which is what I originally surmised...Oh Dear, what a waste of time.

AC

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question: what exactly should a statement of account contain for the creditor to comply with a CCA request.

Paul

Hope this answers your question:

78 Duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for running-account credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of £1, shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

(a) the state of the account, and

(b) the amount, if any, currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor, and

© the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the debtor does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.

Guest Battleaxe
Surprise, Surprise Guy's,

I cannot get TS to prosecute!

Morgan Stanley has committed a Criminal Offence by not supplying me with a true copy of the Credit Agreement...after about 6 months they sent a copy of their terms & conditions circa 2006 with no (zero) credit limit, it was actually a generic mailer with no credit card.

MS interpretation re compliance is reg 3 1983 regs

TS does not agree with the MS interpretation due to reg 7

Therefore there is a difference of opinion re compliance between TS & MS and as there is no case law that they (TS) can go on...TS will not prosecute.

Personally, I have not heard from MS re their interpretation about their alleged compliance; as always MS are reluctant to put pen to paper. Anyhow, I have been advised by TS to wait for 2 weeks in order that I might receive correspondance from MS!?

So, there we have it...MS do not have a copy of the Agreement, I reported them to the enforcement TS Officer...what happened Nothing. No wonder the banks do a fingers up, they know that TS cannot do anything.

Looks like that I will have to obtain a solicitors advice, which is what I originally surmised...Oh Dear, what a waste of time.

AC

AC

Issue an N1 for Non-compliance against MS, this way they have to lodge a defence with the Courts. if they can't bring an agreement into court you get your costs and perhaps the Judge will say no debt. MS wont want to go to court if the there is no agreement. I would also lodge a complaint with the ICO regarding this. it will add strength to your Non compliance through the courts. The ICO will take care of MS even though they wont prosecute. TS do not have the teeth to do this but the FSA and FOS will. No need to involve a solicitor. Let the local county court judge do the work.

AC

Issue an N1 for Non-compliance against MS, this way they have to lodge a defence with the Courts. if they can't bring an agreement into court you get your costs and perhaps the Judge will say no debt. MS wont want to go to court if the there is no agreement. I would also lodge a complaint with the ICO regarding this. it will add strength to your Non compliance through the courts. The ICO will take care of MS even though they wont prosecute. TS do not have the teeth to do this but the FSA and FOS will. No need to involve a solicitor. Let the local county court judge do the work.

Also, report it to the OFT - although they don't act on individual cases, they told me they need to know all of this because they will use the info to decide whether to renew their credit licenses - the guy there seemed VERY interested in me telling them and really encouraged me to send it all in.

Plus, they have to pay around £450 for each complaint made....

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Hope this answers your question:

78 Duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for running-account credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of £1, shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

(a) the state of the account, and

(b) the amount, if any, currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor, and

© the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the debtor does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.

paul is quite well aware this exists !!!!!

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Question: what exactly should a statement of account contain for the creditor to comply with a CCA request.

Paul

paul is quite well aware this exists !!!!!

I'm only making sure FC, and it was as a direct response to a direct question.

I'm only making sure FC, and it was as a direct response to a direct question.
if you read this persons threads you would know he is very very knowledgable -- he is in the top ten of which i am not in the top hundred !!l

Sections 77 to 79 are quite detailed as to what is required. I am aware of who posted the question and I think that, on reading the act, the specifics are listed in a reasonably straight forward manner. There are provisions for inconsistencies within the record keeping process and / or business model for different companies but, on the whole, there isn't a great deal of wriggle room.

anyhow ml55 back to business (we are all in the same team)

Rules on credit agreements | Business Link

good link her to the key points on credit agreements

QUESTION FOR INK

THE KEY FINANCIAL POINTS INFORMATION

AS PER THIS LINK

ARE THEY ---- MEANING THE KEY POINTS ----

THE "PRESCRIBED TERMS" THAT WERE ORIGINALLY TALKED ABOUT IN SAY THE 1983 REGS ????

KEY POINTS

1)THE AMOUNT OF CREDIT

2)THE TERM OF THE CREDIT

3)THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE

4)THE APR

YOU MUST ALSO PROVIDE INFORMATION ON THE RATE OF INTEREST , DEFAULT AND EARLY PAYMENT AND OTHER CHARGES SO THAT CUSTOMERS CAN COMPARE DIFFERENT DEALS BEFORE MAKING UP THEIR MINDS

ANOTHER QUESTION IS WHAT YEAR EXECUTED AGREEMENT WISE DO THESE KEY POINTS APPLY TO

SAY 2000 2001 NOR WHAT???

Oh, I took it to mean that Paul was asking for what a statement of account should contain (i.e. what is to be provided alongside the agreement) not what the agreement itself should contain to be a proper agreement.

Oh, I took it to mean that Paul was asking for what a statement of account should contain (i.e. what is to be provided alongside the agreement) not what the agreement itself should contain to be a proper agreement.
OK no problem we all make mistakes (that's how we got into our positions ) but your punishment is to click on the link and print out six copies of the key financial information and put one in your car etc ...

these "KEY POINTS" are so important for agreements signed this side of the millenium -- but some people have much older agreements and that is why i neeed "the oracle" inc to comment on my questio

FC, you missed the sarcasm....

I say again, I thought Paul asked for what a STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT should be, not what the KEY POINTS OF THE FINANCIAL INFORMATION (aka the prescribed terms) were. Paul is aware of what those are, as are you. :p:D

Angry Cat I'm in almost the same boat.

just as the twelve days expired MS have sent me my application (they admitted it was an application) with no prescribed terms. some poorly copied t&c and a mailer card with my latest credit limit on it and of course current terms.

I wrote back on 2 April and said I wanted the original signed docs. not heard anything as yet apart from an acknowledgement that they would look into my concerns :-)

They are soooooooo in default (v soon)

Dave

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

yeah ok I Know what I meant :-)

what I really meant is that they will have comitted an offence and I can have a go at them

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

anyhow ml55 back to business (we are all in the same team)

good link her to the key points on credit agreements

QUESTION FOR INK

THE KEY FINANCIAL POINTS INFORMATION

AS PER THIS LINK

ARE THEY ---- MEANING THE KEY POINTS ----

THE "PRESCRIBED TERMS" THAT WERE ORIGINALLY TALKED ABOUT IN SAY THE 1983 REGS ????

KEY POINTS

1)THE AMOUNT OF CREDIT

2)THE TERM OF THE CREDIT

3)THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE

4)THE APR

YOU MUST ALSO PROVIDE INFORMATION ON THE RATE OF INTEREST , DEFAULT AND EARLY PAYMENT AND OTHER CHARGES SO THAT CUSTOMERS CAN COMPARE DIFFERENT DEALS BEFORE MAKING UP THEIR MINDS

ANOTHER QUESTION IS WHAT YEAR EXECUTED AGREEMENT WISE DO THESE KEY POINTS APPLY TO

SAY 2000 2001 NOR WHAT???

Hi

Key Financial Information is a new requirement from the Agreement Regs (Amended) 2004 and applies to all agreements after May 2005.

This information is broadly the same as has always been required under the CCA but it now has to be presented in 2 boxes - Key Information and Other Information.

For the specific requirements for form and content of pre-amendment agreements you should check the OFT 2003 documents on cancellable and non-cancellable agreements.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Your correct Pam the 2006 ammendments are not retrospective and only apply to new agreements taken out after it becomes effective.

Hi

Not entirely true ,there are a few af the ammendments that apply whenever the agreement was made.

An interesting one is the requirement to give anual statements section77a which will be enforceable even to existing agreements. If you have not recieved a statement within 12 months then you will not be liable for any interest charges after that time as they wil be in default.

Regards

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi

Key Financial Information is a new requirement from the Agreement Regs (Amended) 2004 and applies to all agreements after May 2005.

This information is broadly the same as has always been required under the CCA but it now has to be presented in 2 boxes - Key Information and Other Information.

For the specific requirements for form and content of pre-amendment agreements you should check the OFT 2003 documents on cancellable and non-cancellable agreements.

Regards, Pam

THANKS INK as usual "the oracle" respondeth with

"a clear concise answer "

i realised the requirements had been "repackaged" wasn't sure whether the ingredients were basically the same.

just one more question if you were asked from the point of view of the debtor would you say the new regs that apply from MAY 2005 agreements signed make it harder for the debtor to have the debt declared unenforceable ? if so

then by definition if the creditor cannot satisfy the key points that came into effect in may 2005 then he can't satisfy that what was required to satisfy the earlier regulations.

Hi

You finished your home (shed) improvements then Peter? I bet you've been admiring your treasures all afternoon haven't you! :rolleyes::)

If you can find anything that says a non-cancellable agreement should state that it is then I'll come and personally autograph them for you!! :D:D

Regards, Spot Free Pam

Hi Pam

8 After paragraph 22 insert -

• Cancellation rights23.Agreements which are not cancellable agreements.A statement that the agreement is not cancellable

1482 Agreement ammendments Will you come down and sign or shalli just accept another plaque.

Hah

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

i realised the requirements had been "repackaged" wasn't sure whether the ingredients were basically the same.

just one more question if you were asked from the point of view of the debtor would you say the new regs that apply from MAY 2005 agreements signed make it harder for the debtor to have the debt declared unenforceable ? if so

then by definition if the creditor cannot satisfy the key points that came into effect in may 2005 then he can't satisfy that what was required to satisfy the earlier regulations.

Hi

Clear and precise?

The ammendments are really quite wide ranging check them out for yoursef they are on the end of the 2004/1482 regs

Regards

Peter

That's very interesting Peter, which regs is that from?

Regards

Lantana

Hi 2004/1482

Ammendments

Regards

Peter

HI

This wasn't perhaps addressed to me but i wil answer it anyway.

After Apriil 6th there will be no way to make a debt unenforceable under section127(3)

This means that even an agreement without the prescribed terms or signature wil be up for consideration to enforce by the court, although it is extremely unlikely they would .

I wrote a letter to the dti protesting this some time ago and got a response basically which said due to the increasing of the financial limit of the cca it would be unfair to have aan agreement pronounced unenforceable because of a minor draughting error,(like haveing no signature is minor error).I posted the letter on here somewhere if you want a laugh.

You can however declare unenforceability on so,e of the remaining sections of the 127 which is an aspect that i think more of us should be looking at

Regards

Peter

• Haha 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks