Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Trading Standards ( or whatever their new group names is) will be as slow as any other regulatory body. Their advantage is they take the pressure off us so we can get on with other claims :D

BOO

Consumer Direct (NOT)

When i phoned them about my iffy CCA 'copy of the executed agreement' which has several glaring mistakes (at least 6) they said sumone would get back to me in 24 hours, give them there due, they did, about four hours later where they asked for my phone number and said they would get back to me again ia a couple of days. Well 2 weeks later ( I rung again) the woman lost my number and now shes on holiday till monday. Dont you wish you could................

10_9_137.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxdm824JIGB

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lmao

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Guest The Terminator
The voices are really getting to them now lmao

So doe's that mean that the minimum qualification to be a MIB has reduced from an IQ of 1 to an IQ of -3 :D

It's now very awkward to deal with Trading Standards. I have spent a good part of today trying to get some information about the inter-relationship of the CCA with the 1983 Copies of Documents regulations; it relates to the work tamadus, peterbard and I are doing on another thread.

You now have to ring Consumer Direct rather than the local TS office; I did this, spent 10 minutes explaining the question and the issues only to be told by "Wendy" that "this is too complex for my level of training, you'll have to speak to your local TS office" and she gave me the phone number.

I rang TS and explained the question again - "oh you'll need to speak to an education officer; they're in a meeting. I'll get someone to call you back after lunch."

I've just now had a call back and spoken to someone from my local TS office. I explained the problem again, "oh, you have to speak to Consumer Direct"! "I just did" I replied, "they told me to phone you". "Hang on I'll call you back" said TS.

Five minutes later she calls back. "Consumer Direct should have logged your details and passed them on to us here. They haven't so you'll need to speak to them again, they'll take the details and pass it on to us"

..... :mad::mad::mad:

Not good.

I've now arranged to email the query directly to the local TS office.....

I mean, bloomin' 'eck!! :mad: :o What a pallaver!!! :!: 10.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and I've only just got an address to send the question to!!!!!

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

It's now very awkward to deal with Trading Standards. I have spent a good part of today trying to get some information about the inter-relationship of the CCA with the 1983 Copies of Documents regulations; it relates to the work tamadus, peterbard and I are doing on another thread.

You now have to ring Consumer Direct rather than the local TS office; I did this, spent 10 minutes explaining the question and the issues only to be told by "Wendy" that "this is too complex for my level of training, you'll have to speak to your local TS office" and she gave me the phone number.

I rang TS and explained the question again - "oh you'll need to speak to an education officer; they're in a meeting. I'll get someone to call you back after lunch."

I've just now had a call back and spoken to someone from my local TS office. I explained the problem again, "oh, you have to speak to Consumer Direct"! "I just did" I replied, "they told me to phone you". "Hang on I'll call you back" said TS.

Five minutes later she calls back. "Consumer Direct should have logged your details and passed them on to us here. They haven't so you'll need to speak to them again, they'll take the details and pass it on to us"

..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not good.

I've now arranged to email the query directly to the local TS office.....

I mean, bloomin' 'eck!! :mad: :o What a pallaver!!! :!: 10.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. and I've only just got an address to send the question to!!!!!

Pete

I know what you mean Pete as I called them a couple of weeks ago with a question, only to end up with consumer direct who hadnt really got a clue. They refered me straight to the FOS and FSA which I already knew what their answer would be.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Guest The Terminator
I know what you mean Pete as I called them a couple of weeks ago with a question, only to end up with consumer direct who hadnt really got a clue. They refered me straight to the FOS and FSA which I already knew what their answer would be.
Do we really need TS when we are doing a good job on here by collectivley helping one another.I've just spoken to trading standards where I work(and I did it internally) and I got the same reply speak to CD.Really guys this is like banging your head against a brick wall they don't seem to want to commit themselves to anything and they all seem to be in their own little worlds.I'll tell you what im going to do as I work for a local authority I'm going to start leaning on some of the TS Officers until I get the answers I want.

Watch this space.

Great Terminator!!!

If you need any help, let me know!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Now this is what I call progress

Banks to be probed on charges | This is Money

Yes it is. Even better was the GMTV a couple of days ago where some top banker admitted that his bank ond none of the others would go to court because they would lose and it would cost them billions.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

LOts of other good articles on that site terminator

As part of an ongoing investigation I am part of I need some details of the various companies application forms, particularly for credit cards.

In particular I need to know what companies use an application form that has the following words as its main title line. 'Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974'

In addition does the form have a 'right to cancel' box just above the signature line?

If any of you have in your possesion an application form I would like to know if it has these lines and what company it is for.

Many thanks.

Dave

Yes it is. Even better was the GMTV a couple of days ago where some top banker admitted that his bank ond none of the others would go to court because they would lose and it would cost them billions.

Did anyone get this on video? It would count as evidence both in court and in any investigation instigated by the OFT, FSA or ICO.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

I recall someone mentioning that they managed to take a video on their phone. I will investigate and post back.

If they at least get the date and time, it should be possible to get a copy of the segment from GMTV or ITV. Broadcasters are required by law to keep a copy of their broadcast output - this is primarily to facilitate the investigation of any complaint against them (apparently, if they don't have a copy, or have "lost" it, they automatically lose).

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

In reply to Tamadus

As Ive mentioned before, I was sent a copy of my application form, for Capital one, as a result of my cca request.

I have just dug this out for you

The main title is : short application form 5188

at the very bottom of the form it says

CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT AGREEMENT

CREDIT AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

then comes the usual bits about subject to status and credit scoring etc

then there are two boxes with my signature, one is illegible the other is the credit agreement

In a very tiny box right at the bottom it says

Your right to cancel

Once you have signed this agreement you will have for a short time the right to cancil it.

Exact details of how and when you can do this will be sent to you by post by Capital one.

Hope this helps?!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Thanks Dollies and those who have PM'd details to me. IF possible a scan of the application form would be very useful, just PM me for my email address.

This is continuing a post number6 made a few weeks ago on another thread and it's part of the ongoing investigations we are running.

I can't say very much at the moment but about 5 of us are doing a lot of research the result of which is being passed to Ministerial level for a written reply. The end result could easily be some modifications in the CCA.

i have the original letter accompaying my barclaycard and it states on that you have only five day's to cancel the agreement in writing, i thought it was longer than this...................t&c's on the reverse of this also i never got a copy of my written agreement from them what so ever. as when i signed the application form it wasn't activated and then they are meant to sign it and send you a copy under the CCR's within 7 day's or with credit token(card). Also tamadus can you correct me but i thought that credit agreements written contracts have to state the actual amount of APR in them and if it changes they can then notify you of change in writing?

poltmcm

The CCA says:

60 Form and content of agreements

(1) The Secretary of State shall make regulations as to the form and content of documents

embodying regulated agreements, and the regulations shall contain such provisions as

appear to him appropriate with a view to ensuring that the debtor or hirer is made aware

of—

(a) the rights and duties conferred or imposed on him by the agreement,

(b) the amount and rate of the total charge for credit (in the case of a

consumer credit agreement),

© the protection and remedies available to him under this Act, and

(d) any other matters which, in the opinion of the Secretary of State, it is

desirable for him to know about in connection with the agreement.

So section 60 (1) (b) clearly says that the rate and total charge for credit must be shown.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

poltmcm

The CCA says:

So section 60 (1) (b) clearly says that the rate and total charge for credit must be shown.

Pete

On the actual agreement? Even if it says that you abide by the temrs and conditions, even though they are not supplied?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

On the actual agreement? Even if it says that you abide by the temrs and conditions, even though they are not supplied?

Ah, now there's a rub. It says:

"with a view to ensuring that the debtor or hirer is made aware

of

(a) the rights and duties conferred or imposed on him by the agreement,

(b) the amount and rate of the total charge for credit (in the case of a

consumer credit agreement),"

Does the phrase "ensuring the debtor or hirer is made aware of" sit well with a term of the agreement that simply says (along the lines of) "the debtor agrees to abide by grabitall's terms and conditions" if the APR etc is stated within those T&C's. IMHO it doesn't and I would suggest that the APR and total charge for credit should be in the body of the agreement.

Pete

so in saying that then my application cannot be veiwed as a written agreement then, thanks number6

You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment! :)

Pete

So, what you're saying then (or the CCA is saying) is that even if I've been sent an agreement which is headed "CREDIT AGREEMENT REGULATED UNDER BYTHE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT1974"

then has my address and that of the bank's

then says, "I have read an agree to be bound by the terms and conditions attached."

then has a box with the right to cancel stuff in it

then has a box saying "This is a credit agreemtn regulated by the consumer credit act 1974. sign it only if you want to be legally bound byits terms. then has my sig and date on it.

Then has another box, "Signed on behalf of of the bank and date."

But nothing else (ie the APR)

then it is an unenforcable agreement?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

So, what you're saying then (or the CCA is saying) is that even if I've been sent an agreement which is headed "CREDIT AGREEMENT REGULATED UNDER BYTHE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT1974"

then has my address and that of the bank's

then says, "I have read an agree to be bound by the terms and conditions attached."

then has a box with the right to cancel stuff in it

then has a box saying "This is a credit agreemtn regulated by the consumer credit act 1974. sign it only if you want to be legally bound byits terms. then has my sig and date on it.

Then has another box, "Signed on behalf of of the bank and date."

But nothing else (ie the APR)

then it is an unenforcable agreement?

No, I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that it is not clear cut and is subject to interpretation.

S60 says that the agreement must ensure that the debtor knows the total charge for credit and the rate of interest. I personally do not think that merely referring to obscure T&C's that are not embodied within the main agreement "ensures" such knowledge.

What I'm saying is it's arguable IMHO.

Pete

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks