ssp query

numan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I was off work for nine days including weekends....I am contracted to work 5 days Mon-Fri.

I handed in a self cert for the first 7 days and a doctors cert to cover the other two days but I was told that I am not due SSP or even a payslip....is this correct?

I've worked 2 years 16+ hours a week

Hello there. I'm not sure that is right. Here's some of what directgov says, plus a link. If you follow the link, there's a lot of other information too.

Who can get Statutory Sick Pay?

If you're working for an employer under a contract of service (even if you've only just started and you have done some work), you're entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) if the following apply:

• you're sick for at least four days in a row (including weekends and bank holidays and days that you do not normally work)
  • you have average weekly earnings of at least £102 a week

Your average weekly earnings are worked out by using your earnings in the eight weeks before your sickness began. Please read 'SSP – how it's worked out and what days you'll be paid for' for more information about this.

My best, HB

Edited by honeybee13
adding link.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I earn £140 per week and my partner is unemployed but gets £0.00 per week due to my wages......with me getting nothing in wages this week means we have no money whatsoever to live on.

And silly me bought the coalitions "your better off working"...routine

Edited by numan

SSP is currently £102 per week which is £14.57 per day over a 7 day calender week. The first 3 days are unpaid unless you have had a previous period of sickness in the 8 weeks prior to this period of sickness (linking rules). Depending on when you cut off date is for payroll and when you submitted your self certificate and fit note to your employers will depend on whether you were paid ssp or not. e.g payroll cut off date is the Tuesday and your self certificate and fit note were received on the Wednesday you would not receive any SSP until the week following. (I've seen that a lot as an Income Support processor 10 years ago) so your wage slipslip would show a zero rate for that week and then you will receive the SSP owed in the following week, as for your partners JSA award as you were technically enttitled to receive SSP but didn't for whatever reason they would assume the payment and deduct it from your weekly JSA rate anyway.

Hope that makes sense.