Can I backtrack from defending to accepting court claim???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I wondered if anyone knew if I can change from defending my credit card court claim to accepting with monthly payments.

My issue date from Court bulk centre was 29th September, and I have acknowledged online to defend all the claim as I did not have copy of signed agreement, I have not put in any defence yet but I have recieved my CCA today with my signature on and I have copies of default and termination docs etc so I dont think I can realistically defend now.

Can I change my mind???

If so do I just ring the court.

Any help would be great.

:p S x :p

Simply speak to Northampton and request to change your plea, you may have to complete the N1 response and make an offer.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you,

I will sort tomorrow.

They want a charging order on my house basically so will get there judgement and go for that which was what I was trying to avoid.

I also have an arrangement in place for a HSBC credit card and my mortgage is with them too....do you think its worth talking to HSBC to get them to oppose a charging order as my debt is just as large with them and my mortgage is with them too..

s x

:p S x :p

Providing you make a reasonable offer and your offer is accepted there should be no need for the claimant to seek further security by way of a CO.

The judgment will stipulate conditions whether they are allowed to pursue a ICO,IMHO as said if your offer is accepted and never defaulted you could rely on

Mercantile Credit Co Ltd v Ellis in 1987 to oppose any application.

CHARGING ORDERS IN THE COUNTY COURT

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread