Car theft and insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone. This weekend, when I was at the car wash, my car was stolen. I left the car, when waiting in a queue, to grab a tea at the adjacent gas station, with the keys inside. Thief used that moment and drove away.

Car was recovered and thief was caught. I thought it's a good news but now it looks like it will cost me dearly. Car was delivered to breakdown recovery company's parking, last set of keyes was thrown away by thief and he has also damaged the car (damaged boot lid, rear light, bumper). From my rough calculations it will cost me 1000 GBP to bring it back to the shape it was before this situation.

The thing is car is worth not more than 2500 GBP, so it's absolutely cost-inefficient... Now I wish it was stolen and the thief was not caught and that's because I have only TPFT insurance.

- do you think I can still make a claim and try to get insurance company take the car away and pay me it's market value?

- if yes, is that still possible taking under consideration it was stolen with keyes inside?

Thanks for help.