HFO Reminder - Notice of Assignment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I was directed here by a few different websites saying this was the place to help with HFO trying to recover a debt I wasn't aware of from Barclaycard.

I received the letter yesterday and it was dated the 3rd October 2011. I have never received any other notice from HFO or Barclaycard about this debt. As far as I am aware I never defaulted on a Barclaycard and I do not have one now, although I did have one many moons ago.

I have looked at my credit report on Experian, Equafax and CreditCall, the only reference to the debt is on Equafax which states it is a Credit Card from HFO Services Ltd. The start date was 31/09/1999 and the default date was 04/08/2006 and there is an updated date of 16/07/2008.

The amount is only for £178.06 according to HFO Services but the default/delinquent balance is £116.

What do I do next, having looked around the web HFO seem to have a bad rep. and every bit of advice told me not to talk to them directly and to come here for help?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another ‘reminder’ when they have not bothered to contact you in about four years. Have you moved in the last few years, or recently applied for credit? The difference in value will be their spurious 12% interest, which is not on. They are suddenly chasing these old accounts as they are all very close to SB. You need to complain to the OFT about these tactics of ‘reminders’ where no previous notice has been given.

First thing to do is check when the last payment was actually made to Barclaycard. Also ask exactly to whom and when the account was sold. Call Barclaycard on 0844 556 0066 – you’ll need your original account number and your address at the time.

Let us know what they say.

If you are in Scotland, the statute of limitations is five years...

And 6 years from date of last payment or wriiten acknowledgement if you are not in Scotland

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Thanks for the responses. I will give Barclaycard a ring soon and I'll scan in the letter too. Unfortunately I'm not in Scotland, I wish I was on many levels but it would have been helpful because the 5 years would have been up.

When you speak to Barclaycard ask when the last payment from you was, this is important as the statute barred clock starts ticking from then, not from when HFO claim they wrote to you.

HFO are rather inventive with their documentation - a reminder notice of assignment is not a legally binding document as far as I am aware and there is no legal obligation to send one out either.

Well I have phoned Barclaycard and they were very helpful. They sold the debt to HFO Capital in April 2007. However the last payment on the card was January 2004. They could not give me details of what the charges were. The man on the phone did speculate on it being an annual charge on the card and if I had cancelled a direct debit that would have caused an issue but he had no detail on his screen to be able to verify.

Does this mean the Statute Barred comes into play now as I have never had any correspondence with them?

Well I have phoned Barclaycard and they were very helpful. They sold the debt to HFO Capital in April 2007. However the last payment on the card was January 2004. They could not give me details of what the charges were. The man on the phone did speculate on it being an annual charge on the card and if I had cancelled a direct debit that would have caused an issue but he had no detail on his screen to be able to verify.

Does this mean the Statute Barred comes into play now as I have never had any correspondence with them?

Ask Barclaycard to confirm all that in writing - and then send the stat barred letter.

Barclaycard – 0844 0903111 and ask for Paul Hart.

Tell him you are not happy about the difference between last payment date and the default date, and want to know why it took over two years to issue a default, as well as how the balance accrued.