MBNA – Enforceability

flandm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

4 threads merged

please keep to ONE THREAD per debt

stop making a new thread for each issue with this card

post your updates here only.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry if this is all disjointed, my thread is not about PPI but about Aktiv Kapital as my disputed debt has been yet again passed on. That said Aktiv Kapital state they have purchased the debt and refer to a previous company who I have never had any dealings with. My question really is, should I do a quick letter to them advising them that the debt is disputed, not properly executed or just ignore them.

Thanks

what does your cra file say about this debt

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Used Noddle and apart from a poor credit rating which is to be expected and a few searches for car insurance (i think) there is a default registered 12/02/2012 by Experto Credite. Oddly none of my part settled debts show up which I assume is good.

Any guidence on Aktic Kapital would be appreciated.

Thanks

ever had any discount letters?

dx

and they

Only from previous lenders who are all paid up. Not had any from Experto Credite or the now Aktiv Kapital who say they bought this debt. Its all very odd as MBNA passed it onto Experto Credite and then Credit ManagementAssocs and sometimes both together but they were all the usual blurb nothing ever threatening and always answered with the standard "account in dispute" and "not properly executed agreement" letters.

Now it is with Aktiv Kapital I'm not sure what they plan to do as I have not replied to them yet. If I do or more when I have to what should I reply with.

Thanks

let it run a bit

ak have just brought a vast portfolio of lemons

dx

and they

Hi Flan,

If you check the printing codes on the application form, the date side has a code of 03/00 while the postage and prescribed terms side has a print code of 01/00, so the 2 sides were never as one.

The rest of the T&C's have a print code of 1998!

MBNA usually just scan one side of the agreement then destroy it, so the reverse side is taken from a library, roughly at that time of application.

You may at some point wish to write to AK, stating that the account was in serious dispute with MBNA ( if it was) and that they should not have sold it on Varde without settling the dispute.

It is a tough one to defend in some courts as they seep to accept reconstituted agreements in the county court. It may pay to be robust and try to dissuade them from taking further action, but leaving the fact that the 2 sides to not match until it gets to court. You can then request that the Judge orders the original to be produced, as the T&C's quite obviously do not match.

How about your Default Notice. They usually mess these up. If you want to post it up, minus your details then we can take a look.

They usually mess the DN up by not allowing time for posting and by requesting the full ballance. Beware of their copy DN's, they do not match the originals. They reconstruct using their current template.

Vint

If the DN arrives with a demand for full payment in the same envelope-both letters dated 5th march 2012-is this legal?

Yes!! but what arrives in any envelope is not going to help as the contents

of the letters gives you the required information.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Defaults can be placed (and often are) after 1 missed pyment in the case of

insurance installments, each company will have their own time scale written

in to contracts, the only guidance is that default should (not must) within 6

months of

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: