Cabot Threats

deeky81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a letter from Cabot Financial chasing me for a debt that I vaguely remember having.

I wrote to them and asked for the usual details under the CCA and received a letter back stating that they will be in touch once they have the necessary information

(That was about 14 days ago).

I received a letter form them today stating that they had still not received the necessary information,

however 'They would still like to advise that the debt is still due and that I need to continue paying or set up a payment plan and that they will continue to up-date the Credit Reference Agency's'.

To me the above statement is a bully tactic, trying to get me to clear the debt as they can't prove that I owe it?

I responded to their letter (sent recorded delivery and no signature)

still disputing the fact that they sent it to me and I've also mentioned the Prescribed Laws in Scotland and asking them to place the debt on hold (as they charge 12% interest) until it's proven.

Where do I stand with the Credit Reference agencies, is there anything that I can do?

I've just managed to get my credit rating back and the last thing I need is another blemish!!!

Hi, deeky81.

What was the debt ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

In my opinion and from correspondence with Cabot over a number of years I think they are a thoroughly disreputable company who pay scant regard to the alleged debtor but instead

seek to further their own means by issuing conflicting information when writing to their supposed customers. They add interest to debts they attempt to collect when they quite clearly

do not have the jurisdiction to do and in my case they have quite clearly lied and fabricated statements/letters when asked to supply them.

Approach Cabot with caution, do not believe a word they tell you and before you decide to communicate with them make sure it's in writing and that you keep a copy of every letter

you send them and send them by recorded delivery when doing so. Sign with a squiggle or a digital signature, do not sign with your normal every day signature.

Just because Cabot say you have a debt does not mean that you do or that it's enforceable or that you owe it or that they have the correct paperwork for them to be able to pursue you

for it.

Never acknowledge the debt to them, do not pay them a single penny until you're sure they can collect it and if it's been longer than 6 years since you made any payment on the debt at

all and to whomever then pay nothing ever again as it is stat barred (unless a mortgage debt/ccj - seek clarification here first)

Just because Cabot say you owe a debt does not mean that you do.

Good Luck!

• Haha 1

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

how old is the debt

and is it [or was it ever]

showing on your CRA file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...