Studio Cards?

vampish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all - I was just wondering if I can calim against studio cards gifts, which is a type of catalogue. They have charged me service charges and administration charges which started off at £12.75 and evenually went up o £20.00. Hope you can help.

Thanks Vampish. :)

If they are penalties for late payment, etc., then they are reclaimable. You need to find out what each type of charge was for.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

• 7 months later...
If they are penalties for late payment, etc., then they are reclaimable. You need to find out what each type of charge was for.

Hi I have just phoned STUDIO and they were horrid!!!!!!!!

I must have paid over £300 in Administration charges, PLEASE HELP

Hi Cjt

Welcome to the site. I would do everything in writing from now on. The replies you will get on the phone will only make your blood pressure go up considerably.

Please read the FAQ'S and then start a thread under the bank name so that others can reply to your questions quickly. There are some links below to help you get around.

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 11 months later...

Yep, it works Roboticboy - welcome to CAG :)

Have a look at this Dummies Guide - everything you need to know about posting etc.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Any queries, however silly they might sound, just give us a shout!

Bo :)

No problem. Have a read through the Frequently Asked Questions and stickies at the top of the Welcome Forum and then come and say hello properly by posting a new thread (really easy, just click on New Thread and post away :D)

If you need help urgently, just post up there's always someone about :)

hows this going with Studio cards.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Studio have still not sent me my list of charges, etc but the 40 day limit has not yet expired.

I just wish they were as good as Halifax Credit Cards. From requsting charges to taking them to court has only taken 2 weeks. I asked for £854 charges + £149 interest. They offered me £306 & a letter claiming the charges are "appropriate" - sorry.....not good enough....they'll cough up the lot withing about 2 weeks.

Are you persueing Studio Cards also?

Test Signature........

yes i am i will add the link in a minute

Studio Card have pee'd me off.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Received statements & told they'll refund £8.57 of the £10.00 i sent them for the charges list. They'll send this as a cheque. In a cover letter sent with the charge list they mention the fact that their terms are to charge for late payments, etc - wow - they are already on their back foot. Calculated £270.00 of Admin charges. Not bothering with the Service charges as they is conflicting info on this site about if I can claim them or not.

Test Signature........

rite look at my thread and u will see that the service charge is another word for Interest.

U can claim these back. What have u recieved as a CCA?

they will say the charges are legal but they are not if you dont have a cca.

Push them as much as you can as i am

I am also sneding them F+F of the money they claim i owe once the charges are removed and my conditions are met.

Shout me if u want any help.

consumer credit agreement.

No need to appologise. l did not know what it stood for a few months ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Where is the link to the 1st letter asking for the money back? I have read through all your threads but cannot find it. They have sent me my "trading statements" so I have all the figures to hand but need a sample letter to put them into.

Should I also ask now for "my CCA" as I guess they'll question the refund of service charges & I just want to speed things up a bit.

Test Signature........

Just remember the service charge is interest.

Ask for your CCA now then we will see what u recieve as you cant got for anything unless u DONT have a CCA.

• 2 months later...

cool

I only recieved admin charges back and interest on the admin charges but nothing more.

because they will not pay them back either with or without court action.