Turnball Rutherford Solicitors have just delivered a Stat Demand for Statute Barred Debt** DISCONTINUED**

Hants38
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NOT IN ALRESFORD?? I LIVE 2 Miles from Alresford Essex

sent a foreign truck driver on his way looking to deliver

to Alresford Hants:!::jaw:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I am still very puzzled about the mention of the CCJ.

If they have already obtained judgment by default.. ie you werent aware of the claim and did nothing.. then all they have to do is enforce the judgment.

Or, are you saying that they have issued a Claim form against you.. in addition to serving the Stat Demand ?

Or are you saying they have written to you advising that they have already obtained a Judgment against you. When in fact they havent ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I've seen cases from Alresford Hants allocated to Colchester CC

on a fairly regular basis an tother way round.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I am still very puzzled about the mention of the CCJ.

If they have already obtained judgment by default.. ie you werent aware of the claim and did nothing.. then all they have to do is enforce the judgment.

Or, are you saying that they have issued a Claim form against you.. in addition to serving the Stat Demand ?

Or are you saying they have written to you advising that they have already obtained a Judgment against you. When in fact they havent ?

Yes they have a judgement against me but i could not defend it as I knew nothing about it until i got a letter from Northampton court stating a Judgement had been made against me.

Either way the judgement has been made on a debt over 6 years old so i'm unsure as to firstly how the judgement was granted and secondly how a juddgment could be made against me with no prior warning letters from the court ever being sent to me? I'm pretty sure the letter was from the court but it may have been from HFO it was so badly photocopied i filed it in the bin as from what I could see at the time the debt is and still is statute barred.

Sorry this one is not easy

Righto, so you have received a Judgment order from the court.

Then why are these cretins NOT enforcing the judgment.. It is bizarre they have issued a Stat Demand and TBH, I am not sure they CAN do both on the same debt.

I would say that is a very good reason to have the set aside in that they have already obtained a judgment, which had you known about, you would have defended on the same basis that the debt was statute barred.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

OMG I am so confused now I thought that the Statute Barred came once CCJ had been awarded as a normality and next stage as I have no intention in paying off the Statute Barred debt the CCJ was awarded too. Are you saying that their is no reason for them too go the Statute Barred route if they already have a CCJ against me.

I'm concious of time and don't want these HFO cretins to use a loophole in law to win more than double the original debt which is statute barred anyway???

Sorry but am getting really worried now

OMG I am so confused now I thought that the Statute Barred came once CCJ had been awarded as a normality and next stage as I have no intention in paying off the Statute Barred debt the CCJ was awarded too. Are you saying that their is no reason for them too go the Statute Barred route if they already have a CCJ against me.

I'm concious of time and don't want these HFO cretins to use a loophole in law to win more than double the original debt which is statute barred anyway???

Sorry but am getting really worried now

This is what we are trying to establish.

You have advised that you have been notified by the court that a CCJ HAS been awarded against you.

Then you advise a Stat Demand has been poked through your door.

Why have they done both? If they do have the Judgment in default then all they needed to do was enforce the judgment.. eg ask the court to MAKE you pay

IF the debt is statute barred, then that would have been a total defence against the CCJ.

Please let us see the information from the court.. and then we will be able to advise further on that.

Plus, if you have a CCJ against you, then you will need to get that set aside as well ..

BCOBS

It will take a week or so for the court to get the info to you, can you ask how much they claimed and how much they were awarded on the judgement.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Hi the Limitations Act: A debt becomes time barred

if in 6 clear years no payment or acknowledgement

in writing has been made, the debt still exists but

cannot be enforced in court.

The OFT Guidance states tha '' it is unfair to continue to press for

payment IF the debtor has stated that they will not be paying

(a statute barred debt).

The judgement would have been a default judgement as no defence was submitted. The court would not check the SB status, this is something that the defendant has to declare. If it was SB prior to the claim being issued, you have a defence but need to get to the bottom of this claim. What exactly did the letter from the court say? We need to know if the claim was only for part of the debt, which would explain the SD as they are trying to get the rest

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

This is what we are trying to establish.

You have advised that you have been notified by the court that a CCJ HAS been awarded against you.

Then you advise a Stat Demand has been poked through your door.

Why have they done both? If they do have the Judgment in default then all they needed to do was enforce the judgment.. eg ask the court to MAKE you pay

IF the debt is statute barred, then that would have been a total defence against the CCJ.

Please let us see the information from the court.. and then we will be able to advise further on that.

Plus, if you have a CCJ against you, then you will need to get that set aside as well ..

I don't have that paperwork as it was of poor quality and at the time I thought it was HFO trying it on again the documents were poor quality photocopied blue documents and had a really poor Northampton court stamp on them. As I said in a previous quote I am not sure if the letter was from the Court or from HFO either way I binned it.

From memory the figure on the CCJ I believe was the same (around £8000)

I guess i'll have to speak to the court on Monday and start digging up some info.

thanks again

I have just been googling about and apparently HFO have been known to take unenforceable debt to a CCJ as in my case and then they have an unenforceable debt e.g. Statute Barred made enfoceable I think this is what they are trying to do to me. So are you saying now they have the CCJ there is no reason they would or should have issued me a Satutory Demand notice?

I'm starting to smell a rat here myself but either way is I have a Statutory demand being made against me :(

Yes we need to deal with the Statutory demand and also check out this court claim, so ring the court ASAP. Have you contacted Barclays? Don't worry, these clowns are getting away with too much but think their days are numbered.

Evening Patrick, nice to see you - interesting times!

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate