Successful Claims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WON!

I have just won my claim the day before my hearing.....I was claiming 1991-2006 and won against Halifax!

I have £2616 to play with LOL - thanks Halifax :cool:

HALIFAX: PRE 6 year claim 1991-2006 WON 21/3/07 £2616

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £800.22

CAPITAL 1 - WON 19/3/07 £325.75

AQUA - MCOL 2/3/07 £172.79

ABBEY - MCOL 2/3/07 £261.37

HALIFAX VISA - WON default removal 19/3/07

PARAGON - LBA 11/3/07

CABOT -SAR 26/2/07

ROCKWELL -OFFER 20/2/07

GMAC -MCOL 7/2/07 £189.85

WESTCOT - SAR 25/2/07

I WON I WON :grin: :grin:

OK I have now stopped jumping about my kitchen got my letter with my offer this morning it said if i was not happy to call the number on letter well of course i was going to do that lol I had asked for £5265 they offered me £3694 so i called them and my conversation went like this.

ring ring...ring ring...

THEM. hello

ME. hello can i speak to Graham Gamble please

THEM. can you give me you number and i will get him to call you back

ME. no as i am going out to work now and needto speak to him

THEM. he will call you straight back as i cant put you throgh on ths phone.

ME. alright then

gave number and put phone down not even 1 minute goes by ring ring....ring ring

ME hello

THEM hello this is graham gamble you called to speak to me

ME yes hello my name is blah blah i got a letter from you this morning wit an offer for my bank charges

THEM. yes are you happy with the offer

ME no thats not the amount i asked for can you up your offer

THEM mmmmmm how about £5000

ME 5200

THEM will you go below £500

ME no

THEM alright i will get that authorised for you and send out a new letter to you just sign it and send it back

ME thankyou for your help how long will it take to go into my account

THEM 14 days from when we get your letter back.

ME thank you good bye.

...and that was it as quick as it took you to read this that was how quick my call was got what i wanted without having to go as far as the courts so I am really chuffed .This is life changeing money for me to clear a lot of debt:grin:

RIGHT VISA YOU ARE NEXT WATCH OUT LINDSAYS ABOUT:lol:

could a mod move this for me please thank you

once money is through donation on its way i would not have had the courage to do this without all the support from here. Thank you Thank you Thank you all:p

just looked through this think i will get a new key board when my money comes a few sticky keys

Hi

I sent a letter to Halifax stating how much money I wanted to claim back and got a letter within 14 days offering full repayment except for £60 which I accepted they also stated in the letter that they do not put a default notice on a CRE however I know that they have, they also sent my account to a debt collection agency who told me there was a default against my account as I owed for an overdraft which they created with all of their charges. Have now paid them and am glad to see the back of the Halifax

Hello Moderator

Could I be moved and changed to...... I WON.

change-itvhalifax-scotland.

Thank you thank you Thank you.

Prelim Sent -27/02/07....

Response Letter rec'd -13/03/07....

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Offer received(10p/cent short)-declined for full amount-28/03/07

Success FULL 6yr amount offered-29/03/07:D

........not yet received because they want me to accept conditions!!:(

Bank of Scotland

Claimed £2493.00 plus £228.96 interest.

After first letter they sent me a leaflet outlining their 'complaints procedure'. Great!

After a further 14 days I sent a stronger letter. They replied in a few days referring me to their first letter and their leaflet.

Third letter: pointing out that I was following their procedure by 'writing a letter' as mentioned in their leaflet and that they now had 7 days before I initiate court proceedings.

4 days later: I get a phone call offering me '£600' as that's all they can see I'm owed. I insist on the full amount as in my letter which is backed up by my statements. "Can we call you back in half an hour?" Of course.

30 minutes later:

"Ah. Because of the merger of BoS and Halifax we didn't have all the information to hand. Sorry. But we categorically will not pay interest." Hmmm

"OK I'll settle for no interest"

"So how much are you claiming then?"

"The full £2493"

(Barely hesitates...)

"OK it'll be deposited in your account within 14 days"

"Thank you"

My advice to everyone: Do NOT be put off by their attitude and tactics. Let them run around and keep up the pressure with letters.

Congrats...;)

I'm still to start the ball rolling as I have more charges to be applied tomorrow and then the letter is going off next week.

Hello Moderator

Could I be moved and changed to...... I WON.

change-itvhalifax-scotland.

Thank you thank you Thank you.

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

Hi All!

Thanks for all of the positive posts and the announcements of settlements...

I was a custome rof the Halifax for about nine years and was also an employee of my own Limited Company for a while.

I therefore paid my salary to myself by internal transfer. This meant at one point (about four years before I left them) that they downgraded my account (and its privelidges) to that of a student / non earner. The criteria being a BACS payment to indicate salary. This cost me over £4,000 in charges over the last period, let alone what I had been charged for the years prior to that as a struggling helpdesk operator.

I was unsure whether to chase the Halifax as the timescales were so long and it has now been around five years since I banked with them but the positive posts have encouraged me to at least start the ball rolling by reading more and, I'm assuming here, writing to them to ask them to confirm the total amount of my charges for the period I was a customer.

The other positive 'kick up the bum' was a letter from them last week asking me for money on an account that is idle and has been for the past four years!

Thanks for all the encouraging posts!

Jonniep

Hi All!

I was unsure whether to chase the Halifax as the timescales were so long and it has now been around five years since I banked with them but the positive posts have encouraged me to at least start the ball rolling by reading more and, I'm assuming here, writing to them to ask them to confirm the total amount of my charges for the period I was a customer.

Jonniep

You can claim back charges up to 6 years prior to your claim. You seem a bit unsure of what to do. Go back and read the article on this site, it's very clear about how to proceed and what your rights are. You must not be bullied by the banks at all. They are mostly definitely in the wrong.

The hardest part is adding up what you're owed, after that you simply reply "Pay up or I'll see you in court!" and give definite time limits for action on their part or they WILL try to delay.

Good luck.

p.s. A friend of mine called today to say as a result of what I told him he checked his accounts and is now claiming back nearly £8,000! It's all down to this site and Martin Lewis.

Thanks Rock-It!

I think the concern on my part is whether I fit within the six years bracket...

My account was still active at that time but some of the charges date back beyond that...

I'm still reading but am sure I need to get my claim in asap so will swot up for the next week to be on the safe side.

Many thanks for the encouragement!

GMcPhee v Bank of Scotland paid in full

£3003 received last week.

I now know that there's nothing to fear about reclaiming bank charges. If you're thinking about doing it but are scared of the process then don't be: it's your money which the bank took from you illegally!

My case was so effortless that all I had to do was punch in the details of my claim on the moneyclaim website, waited 28 days for the judgement, then claimed the money. I spent some time on the phone asking why BoS were taking so long to repay the money, but eventually they paid.

Halifax has offered me £507 Good will payment out of a potential £964, they say that neither they or the court will consider anything charged more than 6 years ago, is this true? Their first charge as December 96 of £25. Can someone please advise me, I am unemployed and even £507 is a lot of money to me.

SGG Ltd - BOS

Claimed: £13,600

Won: £10,500

Refused initial offer that was made after LBA. But due to financial and time constraints we both agreed to meet in the middle if payment would be made by return... If they hadn't agreed we would have had nothing to lose but go the whole way.

I consider this a very satisfying result. Once the winnings are in, a donation will be on its way to this hugely informative and supportive site.

Thank you.

Wasike, there are many here that have claimed more than 6 years charges. You need to start your own thread and you will have a lot of help off the members. do the following:

1/ Click here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....group-against/

2/ Find your Bank, click on the bold blue name of the Bank

3/ Go to "Forum tools" and click on it.

4/ Click Subscribe to Forum. It will ask you how often you want to recieve updates (say daily )

5/ Then it will redirect you once you've subscribed.

6/ Click on "Forum tools" again, and choose "Post new thread"

7/ Give your thread a title eg: "Wasike vs whatever bank", and then make a post.

8/ Then hopefully people will visit and post/subscribe etc.

Leech

• Haha 1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

click my scales if you think i am helpful ! yes LHS down there !!

Once more into the breach dear friends,once more

or close the wall up with our banks dead ,

The games afoot,follow your spirit and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry' England and St George

Henry V battle of Agincourt 1415

Loulou, well done that is some loot.How far back did you go and was there contractual interest.Give us the SP!!!!!!

Leech

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

click my scales if you think i am helpful ! yes LHS down there !!

Once more into the breach dear friends,once more

or close the wall up with our banks dead ,

The games afoot,follow your spirit and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry' England and St George

Henry V battle of Agincourt 1415

Leech - my Ltd Co. claim was for £13600, they offered the difference between the £12.00 OFT figure and what they charged i.e. £7200. I said no, but would meet in the middle if they settled within a few days. They agreed...

Money's tight in the business account so I was happy with this. if they'd said no to the deal, we would have gone through the courts...

I have already claimed just over £6k on my personal account with BOS but that had to go to court, the day before 28 days was up the money appeared in my account - incl. interest. A letter of offer arrived a week later!

On both accounts, I went back 6 years.

Just waiting another few days for HSBC 28 days to be up...

WOW I can't beleive how easy this was, i took advice from this forum and some others and sent a prelim letter 29th march, got an offer this morning for £948 as a goodwill, rang the number , thanked for offer but declined, immediately offered me £1000 again said thanks appreciate it but want the full amount especially as monies were taken from my account that were made up of child benefit and under social security act they weren't able to do that, without comment she immediately offered full amount of £1466 and said with me in bank in next 14 days, she was friendly helpful and even better i'm £1500 richer after 1 phone call and one letter and yes i know it's my responsibility to manage my money but as we all know on here stuff happens, good luck to all who are pursuing this and to those who haven't yet do it !

WOW fubarswife. Thats an excellent result. Well done;)

BOS :D.P.A/S.A.R - (In Branch) 28/02/07

PRELIM - 06/03/07 (std 8 wk reply recieved)

LBA - 20/03/07 (ignored)

COURT PAPERS FILED - 04/04/07

SETTLED - 17/05/07

CAPITAL ONE :DPA/S.A.R - 06/03/07

PRELIM - 12/04/07

LBA - 27/04/07 (ignored)

COURT PAPERS FILED - 14/05/07

If I've been any help please click the scales and let me know.

Whilst only too happy to help in any way I can, any advice given by me is done in a completely lay capacity and has been gathered either from research on this forum or from personal experience. I am NOT a lawyer...... IF IN DOUBT SEEK PROFESSIONAL ADVICE...........

Fantastic news and spend wisely. ;)

WOW I can't beleive how easy this was, i took advice from this forum and some others and sent a prelim letter 29th march, got an offer this morning for £948 as a goodwill, rang the number , thanked for offer but declined, immediately offered me £1000 again said thanks appreciate it but want the full amount especially as monies were taken from my account that were made up of child benefit and under social security act they weren't able to do that, without comment she immediately offered full amount of £1466 and said with me in bank in next 14 days, she was friendly helpful and even better i'm £1500 richer after 1 phone call and one letter and yes i know it's my responsibility to manage my money but as we all know on here stuff happens, good luck to all who are pursuing this and to those who haven't yet do it !

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

What exactly are you able to claim for? I am probably not the best person in the world at handling my finances, but having to pay charges of about £30 everytime I go a couple of pounds in the red is a little hard to swallow. Also took a serious hit by Halifax Visa a couple of years ago. Can I claim this money back?