BCW asking me if I am me

bedebill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all I am new here , I got a letter today from BCW saying they had tracked me via a 'credit link', they say they are acting on behalf of a utility co I apparently had dealings with , the letter asks me to contact them and let them know if I am who they think I am . What is your advice please ? Having read some of the posts on here I feel like running to the hills screaming lol . GLA

Why would you run to the hills screaming?? I would be welcome of such puerile letters, especially as you have written evidence of them admitting being in breach of the OFT debt collection guidelines, well done BCW keep banging them nails in to your coffin.

File the letter away under ignore, they are only a DCA, these guys have absolutely NO powers whatsoever, in fact your milkman would have more powers than they ever will.

Lodge a formal complaint with the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

DO NOT under any circumstances engage in ANY conversation with these cowards, do not write, if they ring you, refuse to answer any of their kindergarten question, just tell them you have no idea who they are and if they don't stop ringing you will go to the Police, then hang up.

Ignore them, see what letter their pre-school class can come up with next.

In the meantime are you aware of any outstanding debt with anyone?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

HI thanks for your reply , I may owe a small amount of money to a water co' as I had a water meter fitted and then moved out after the 1st bill , so it will not be much , should I go direct to the water co' ? I know that no one else has moved in so the bill has not mounted up . Your reply made me laugh thanks Bedebill

Are you using a different water company now then?

You could if you wished get in touch with the old Water Company and see about paying the bill off.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I havent done a credit report check I will look into that I dont know how to go about it , i am with the same water co' but at a different address , i could have the land lady pay the bills for me i think . i am on a meter here . thanks for replying , cheers bedebill

If you are with the same water company then I don't understand why BCW would have been given this to chase?

IMO either fess up to the water company, or ignore it, either way BCW should be ignored, they are simply the gopher and not worth the time of day.

Hi Guys another BCW letter has arrived they say I owe the water co £72 which can not be right , they must have added on their fee ?!!, I have contacted the water co they said they would get back to me but nothing yet , perhaps they are just leaving it to BCW ? I am not replying to the letter . Any thoughts on my next move ? Cheers Bedebill

When did you get in touch with the water co?

Ignore BCW, there is absolutely NOTHING that they can do, wait for the water co to get back in touch with you, if they don't, try writing to them, which would be preferable then you will have a paper trail of evidence if you ever needed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks 1st off thanks for the replies , I would have crumbled and rung them without your support. BCW have sent another letter threatening court action if I don't pay , I can't believe they would bother for £70 quid odd . The water co have not replied but instead passed on to BCW my phone no which I will not answer if it is a unknown no . BTW I have not seen a bill for water used , it certainly could not have been £70 , so I am suspicious . I will continue my silent stance . Any advice most welcome , Cheers All . Bedebill

Hi Bedebill

Was the contact you made to the water co by phone?

If it was, I would advise you to write to the above, and explain the situation, as you need the proof that this debt exists.

You need to know the address it relates to, the amount, and the dates.

As for BCW, they are like all DCA's, 'this is going to cost you so much more if it goes to court.'

In my opinion, this is to try to get you to make contact with them, or indeed, to try to get you to pay.

You also stated that the water co. have passed on your phone number to BCW.

How would you know this if they haven't been in touch?

If the Water co have passed your number onto these eejits then that is cause for complaint in itself! Who is this water co?

Hi Folks I know that Sthern Water gave BCW my no because after I emailed them asking if I owed them money I started getting calls from BCW which I haven't answered , they have sent texts too . Sthern water have not got in touch with me re any out standing bills as they have passed the debt on to BCW IMO . How long do you expect the threatening letters to continue I wonder ? Cheers Bedebill

How long is a piece of string?

I wouldn't waste my time worrying about BCW, they are of as much use as indicators on a submarine.

Get onto Sthern Waters complaints procedure and exhaust it, if you don't have a copy I have one.

• 2 months later...

Hi Bazooka boo the BCW letters and calls ended about 6 weeks ago , I never answered a unknown no or replied to any of the letters , they said they would call but didn't . Now i have a solicitors letter saying they have been instructed to recover the sum of £80 , and I should pay now to avoid legal action . What are my options now ? Pity I thought I was out of the woods. Cheers Bedebill

SW were not interested in my acc as the debt had been passed on to BCW . I think I should just pay at £5 a month and be done with it but it feels like a rip off .

The solicitors are geoffrey parker bourne of stratford apon avon . Thanks for your responses guys . Any thoughts appreciated . All the best Bedebill :|

SW were not interested in my acc as the debt had been passed on to BCW . I think I should just pay at £5 a month and be done with it but it feels like a rip off .

The solicitors are geoffrey parker bourne of stratford apon avon . Thanks for your responses guys . Any thoughts appreciated . All the best Bedebill :|

Look at the bar code on the corner of solicitors letter, see what it says as it may have BCW before the number begin at the top of the bar code. This company is known to protray themselves as solicitors.:sad:

Ignore GPB, they are simply solicitors for rent.

Send them this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?425-Letter-to-solicitors-threatening-legal-action-in-default-of-agreement-request

You will have to edit it quite a bit as you can see, but you simply need to tell them that the account is disputed with the water company, and until they take responsibility for their mistake then you will not enter into any further correspondence with any third party they choose to employ. They have to take ownership of this, and for their failure to respond to a customers complaint and dispute you are now escalating this to OfWat..

Thanks Bazooka boo once again and grumpy . The letter says client name BCW . As yet I have not confirmed to BCW that I live here , if I reply with the letter you suggest and they try to take me to court I still will not know what for as I haven't seen a bill lol !

the letter says ' failure to respond could leave us with no alternative other than to take legal action against you '

I can't believe they would bother for £80 ,do they for that amount ? Bedebill