Need help with disputed debt with bt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an old account with BT that i have been in dispute of. I am now receiving threatening letters from a dca (srj Debt Recoveries). I dispute the amount claimed as i had a shoddy terribe service and cancelled with them. turns out i was not in the area that should have gotten the service. While i agree that i may owe a little, i certainly do not owe them as much as they claim. can someone give me a template letter to email to this company.

Hi. can you give us a little more detail as to what

has occurred?

Is the DCA just collecting on behalf of BT?

Did you receive a default notice and

a Notice of Assignment before contact was

made by the DCA?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Dear Dimwits take note there is

an outstanding dispute with BT

regarding this alleged debt, therefore

I do not acknowledge any debt to you or

any company you may claim to represent.

My suggestion is that you return this alleged

debt to your client , as I have no obligation

or wish to correspond with your company.

Yours extremely sincerely,

PI**ed OFF BT Customer.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Dear Dimwits take note there is

an outstanding dispute with BT

regarding this alleged debt, therefore

I do not acknowledge any debt to you or

any company you may claim to represent.

My suggestion is that you return this alleged

debt to your client , as I have no obligation

or wish to correspond with your company.

Yours extremely sincerely,

ANOTHER PI**ed OFF BT Customer.

then complain, in writing...

Forget law and regs keep the the complaint simple

and to the point ,

just a more ''normal'' version of my post.

1, state that there is an unresolved dispute with BT

therefore you cannot respond to them.

2. If you have not received a notice of assignment

of the debt to the DCA tell them this.

Send it RD and copy to BT.

simples:madgrin:

and write a Formal Complaint to BT stating the facts (you don't need to send proof) that you have emailed and written and been ignored and you are now complaining to the Ombusman. I've been there with BT and the only thing that stopped it was a complaint to the Ombusman (but neither responded, it just ceased). I am tempted by their broadband solution but won't because its BT and they are worse than a chocolate fire guard...

I agree, what actually happened with me is that i opted for broadband with bt and even from the beginning it was difficult reception and quality. Of course, i just put it down to the area i was living. Anyway, i had it for months and complained several times and then lost the rag and cancelled. They then told me that i was not in the correct area for the reception and should not have had it. Before that, i paid religiously.

Now i am harrassed by these dca's - incidently anyone got a direct email for them SRJ Debt recoveries

Silly Ridiculous Juveniles don't have an email address, just one for you to pay them what you don't owe.

All you need do with these clowns is send them a letter informing them that the amount they are attempting to force you to pay for a service you never received, is in dispute with BT, and as there is no contract between you and SRJ, you will not enter into any further correspondence with them, it is advised that they give this account back to their client who should take responsibility for their actions instead of passing them onto third parties to sort out.

Thank them for their continued harassment, all of which has been given to the OFT for their investigation, you don't require them to inform you of them closing their files in respect of this fictitious claim, as you have no desire to hear from them.

SRJ are another one of the most inept DCA's who I am having the pleasure of dealing with at the minute, in fact I rang them earlier to find out how they are getting on with collecting on the debt I don't owe with Virgin Bledia, it's still on hold apparently......and has been since the end of June!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Take note there is an outstanding dispute with BT regarding this alleged debt, therefore I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any company you may claim to represent. My suggestion is that you return this alleged debt to your client , as I have no obligation or wish to correspond with your company. I have now decided to report BT to offcom and will be filing a ADR disagreement. I suggest you return to BT and have them contact me direct. Please also take note that I do not have a contract with you and as I do not wish to deal with you at all, I will not be requiring a notice that the file has been returned. I will also be reporting your company to trading standards and the office of fair trading.

I thank you for their continued harassment, all of which has been given to the OFT for their investigation. This claim is fictitious.

A hard copy letter will follow and a copy of the official offcom complaint to BT will be sent direct to them.

Regards,