soon to be homeless on ESA

norby500
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, basically the situation is that i live with my dad currently and he is now selling his house and moving on and i don't have anywhere to live once it is sold (shortly). My brother has his house but he can't afford to keep me? Am i entitled to extra funding to help cover the rent for a room? He can offer me a room but i need extra help with paying for that room as the money i am on won't cover my rent and food....i feel stuck! could somebody push me in the right direction of what to do next?

What Honeybee means is to have a look at this website http://www.shelter.org.uk/

Read the advice guides and if you need further help give them a call and ask.

With renting off a relative you may fall fowl off them calling it a Contrived Tenancy. This is where they decide that no real tenancy exists and you're basically doing it to gain money off the council.

So it's best to get your plans (and other options available) checked out before you decide.

What Honeybee means is to have a look at this website http://www.shelter.org.uk/

Read the advice guides and if you need further help give them a call and ask.

With renting off a relative you may fall fowl off them calling it a Contrived Tenancy. This is where they decide that no real tenancy exists and you're basically doing it to gain money off the council.

So it's best to get your plans (and other options available) checked out before you decide.

Thank you for translating, speedy. My mistake :).

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

i understand and had a feeling that this may happen. the only option i have is this 1. I am on employment and support allowance. i'm really unsure what i can do from here on in. The other issue is that i have my tribunal in 10 days time so the pressure is mounting!

i would also like to ask if i should notify the dwp? it hasn't got to a stage i need to move just yet, but i was going to notify them more closer to the time. It is my appeal on the 9th of september so i was going to wait until my appeal comes around and then work on my living arrangements. it is all too much for me at the moment with my tribunal case and living arrangements.

if you are renting a room in a close relative's home, you are excluded from housing benefit

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Some posts from this thread have been moved as a discussion between myself and another member was beginning to eclipse this thread. My apologies to the original poster for my taking over their thread. I've moved the posts here for anyone looking for them.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Is the house sold yet? If not, then get past the tribunal as you suggested, and then a phone call to the council. They will give you an appointment to pop in and talk through your housing worries and you can take it from there.

I'd be interested in hearing what they have to say and happy to support if I can.

Good luck with your meeting on the 9th