Wescot and Barclaycard

gorse36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I have received a letter saying that Barclaycard have instructed Wescot to act on their behalf to collect the debt outstanding on my card. Previously this had been with Moorcroft and following correspondence between me and Moorcroft which included an I&E, they informed me that the debt had been passed back to Barclaycard.

Should I follow the same advice as before eg the prove it letter as they have not determined if I am me, just sent a letter saying 'pay this amount' of 'Telephone this number'

Any Advice is very welcome. Also should Barclaycard tell me that the debt has been passed on?

Many thanks

Yes they should issue a notice of assignment,

so you could send the the prove it letter first

as at present they are totally up the creek

and have no right to try and collect.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I also think the "prove it"! letter should be sent first..get them to jump through every hoop before you even think of parting with one solitary pound!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

I sent Wescot an email as they sent another letter chasing the debt. They obviously had not received the letter I sent or they had ignored it. Anyway I got a reply to say that they would be back in touch with me and the account had been put on hold. I basically told them that I had still not received a Notice of Assignment but that circumstances had not changed.

I will respond further when I have more information

Previously this had been with Moorcroft and following correspondence between me and Moorcroft which included an I&E,

You are under no legal obligation to supply a DCA with your personal financial details, onlya Judge has the right to see these.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

• 3 weeks later...