help with how to make a repayment agreement with an energy company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a long lasting problem with EON re a bill that was not correct,

I even complained some time ago re this situation and my complaint was upheld and yet the company still forwarded me letters and bills for electricity I had never had.

Some months have passed and I receive another letter stating that they are passing my invoice onto a collections agency to claim what I owe.

Once again I call them and explain for the 100th time that I am willing to pay for my gas as I do not owe for electric and when I receive a bill for the gas only I am willing to pay it.

The guy I spoke to (all written down) promises to sort it out and send me my final gas bill, I have a question now if anyone can help me.

because I am on benefits every penny is calculated to pay bills/services etc and I agreed to pay a rather large bill to another company that does not end until the end of October this year,

I have no way of starting to pay this bill over 4 payments from the end of November until end February 2012.

Can anyone advise me on this please as I simply have no money at all available until November and I cannot take it from any other bill or food money as my food money is already as low as I can go without starving.

I just don’t want to be in a situation that I am taken to court for this amount, also if they had not taken months to send me the correct bill I would have been able to pay several months ago

before I decided to pay off another bill which I cannot get out of now until its finished by the end of October.

Regards

bbest

though you knew you owed 'something' so p'haps should have budgetted for it?

what are these other bills?

utility bills are a PRIORITY bill and should take preference over most other bills bar rent/ctax/mortgage.

p'haps we need to help on these other debts?

who are they with?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk,

Yes of course re budget -) I took a chance on time when I thought I had the oppertunity to pay off another bill lol

I no longer use EON at my new address this bill refers to my old address bill so I am no reliant on them for my energy at the moment.

My other bills I owe have been agreed now and end in November so I am not going to change those, I will look to see if there is anything I can sell to settle the bill when it comes however I just wondered if there was some way I could make them wait for a couple of months without causing problems as after November I am more on an even keel.

Regards

bbest

Hi bbest

It's important you talk to us about this.

As it looks as though there's an ongoing complaint on the electricity account, I suggest dealing with our Director's Office. Contact details are on your bills.

An individual agent will take ownership of the complaint and deal directly with you, escalating to senior management if necessary.

They will also discuss a payment arrangement with you in respect of the impending gas bill.

As I say, talk to us about this otherwise debt action will continue.

Hope this points you in the right direction bbest. Give me a shout if I can help further as happy to do so.

Malc

Hi Malc,

Thanks for your reply. This situation has been ongoing now since March this year because of this electricity charge that does not belong to me. My complaint to EON was upheld in my favor but then they stated they could not provide me with a final bill for the gas until I had received a letter from the provider I had been using on a pay as you go electric meter in my previous address which turned out to be British gas. (I never knew because I bought my electricity vouchers from my then landlord)

I waited and waited and no contact from British gas and then August this year I received a letter from EON stating they are taking me to court for the full amount which included the electric charge.

I telephoned again ( a written record of all calls made to the company have been made as and when) and this time I told them if they did not get to me a final bill for the outstanding gas alone I was going to see a solicitor because I had had enough. They promised to get a bill out to me ASAP and a week later I am still waiting.

Now the reason for my original post concerning repayments to EON was because I took a chance when they were not sorting this bill out to make an agreement with another company I owed money to after a move of address and this ends the middle of October but as I am on benefits this took every available spare penny I had to pay off this other bill quickly.

So I became worried about receiving this EON bill quickly and then not having the money to pay straight away.

Option 1 would be to offer £10.00 a month during September/October (and this is difficult because it will be taken out of my food budget which is already very low, then in November to January next year pay £20 a month after the other bill is paid off in October.

Option 2 explain I have no money until November and offer the £20 an month from that time which will then end February 2012.

I owe £80.00 or thereabouts.

I have never owed an energy company any money or an outstanding bill in this way so I need to know what I can practicably organize with EON in case they do not accept what I am saying about repayments when I receive this bill.

If you can help me with dealing with this I would be grateful because I get so worried about money but do not like to owe money and have never run away from my bills. I have worked all my life and only lately find myself in this position for the first time in my life so I need them to understand I am doing my best as I certainly do not want to end up in court as after all it was me who provided them with the final reading, new address and telephone numbers in the first place lol.

And finally -) the above is all based on the truism that they have actually sorted this problem out with my final bill and that it is on its way to me as I type, as if not I will require assistance on how to resolve this once and for all.

Warms Regards

Bbest

Hi bbest

Can I just ask, was the complaint you refer to upheld by Ofgem or was it something we dealt with internally?

If Ofgem upheld the complaint, then this will be with a particular department and you need to talk directly to them. Contact details will be on the relevant documentation.

If it's not reached the Ofgem stage yet, then please let me have the details through the PM function and I'll be happy to take a look for you.

Malc