style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have today recieved court papers from Northhampton County Court issued by Cash Genie. For an original debt of £150 they are requesting £1045.16 ahh!!!!!!!

Any advice on what I should do would be great.

I posted this in the wrong place originally! Oops

Edited by jj1977

I would defend it - offer to pay the original loan and interest ( prob 1 month only).....and they will settle....they did that with me...pay it within 1 month and you dnt even get CCJ....but make sure youi defend it properly, and dnt get lumbered with the £100 court fee either...

Cash Genie/Carter Forbes up their nasty tricks again eh. I take it that it is Carter Forbes (or their litigation team) chasing you on their behalf?

As previously stated, I would look for a settlement and stick to the original loan and 1 month interest (£75).

Like yourself, I was hounded by CG after defaulting for a £150 loan and after a few e-mails back and forward with Carter Forbes, I told them I was not going to pay their vastly inflated figure but would instead pay the original loan and 1 month interest at £20 per month. A few e-mails later, they agreed and did try asking for new card details but after refusing and insisting on their A/C details for a standing order they agreed and provided it.

Carter Forbes can be a pain in the butt and may try to settle at a higher figure but stick to your guns and only offer original loan sum and 1 month interest. I`m sure they will be happy to accept that. Good luck with them.

Post up their particulars of claim (the details in the little box on the bottom of the claim form) and I can have a defence which will seriously cast doubt on their claim. They will probably discontinue once the defence is filed. You MUST acknowledge the claim online, and defend part of the claim (the original loan amount and one months interest as stated).

You also need to get all the emails you have sent them in trying to come to an arrangement and make a list of the payments you have made in rollover fees as we can use this in the defence agains them.

They are sharks of the worst kind and we need to let the court know this. I've done a lot of simple defences for PDL companies and usually they run when they get them... (discontinue). Don't sit back and let them get a judgement by default.

Post up their particulars of claim (the details in the little box on the bottom of the claim form) and I can have a defence which will seriously cast doubt on their claim. They will probably discontinue once the defence is filed. You MUST acknowledge the claim online, and defend part of the claim (the original loan amount and one months interest as stated).

You also need to get all the emails you have sent them in trying to come to an arrangement and make a list of the payments you have made in rollover fees as we can use this in the defence agains them.

They are sharks of the worst kind and we need to let the court know this. I've done a lot of simple defences for PDL companies and usually they run when they get them... (discontinue). Don't sit back and let them get a judgement by default.

Hi there

Just to update - I have defended the claim online (loan plus one month interest) and I recieved a letter from the court saying it will now go to a district judge and this can take 3-6 weeks.

You need to do one pronto, can you post up the particulars of claim and I will do a quick draft one, you don't need a fully particularlised claim to sink them in front of a judge.

Other than what is in the first post I cannot put my hands on the papers right now. I also cannot seem to log in to money claim online. The person acting on behalf of Cash Genie is Jane Blowers at an address in Ipswich NOT a solicitor firm.

Jane Blowers is just the person they use for all the court work. She may be employed by Carter Forbes. Either way not somebody that should worry you. Just make sure whatever happens you do not pay them more than capital + 1 month interest. When my court papers came I offered this and they accepted.