reclaiming esa after failed medical

jacobina
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm new to this, just found this site which is really helpful and informative so hope I can get some good advice.

I was claiming ESA after becoming ill in the workplace and having to leave my employment. Went for the 'Medical' assessment (very stressful and bordering on bullying tactics) which failed me 4 months ago. I didn't go on to appeal as basically too stressed to deal with the procedures involved and did not sign on for JSA asknew i was not fit to work. Can I re-apply for ESA - Dr has continually signed me off since failed medical and just signed me off for a further 3 months. Be grateful for any advice.

Hello there, welcome to CAG. I don't think you can reclaim immediately, but you should be able to later. There's a lapse of 6 months to reclaim [i think I'm right] but I never remember when the 6 months run from.

There's a Benefits forum here and you will get the advice you need from the forum members there. I'll ask the site team to move your thread.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum