Check out report - signature transferred - illegal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At our last student rental property, the landlord used a third party inventory clerk to carry out a check in and check out.

My issue with the report is that when they did the check out, they wrote notes on a scrap of paper. When they took they keys I was asked to sign on an iPad - for what I thought was to say I had given the keys back. They then went to their office and typed up a full report including charges. Here is the problem - the page I signed now appears at the back of the report, stating that I agree to all of the issues and charges marked in the report!! You see my point - I didn't sign the report, they added that page to the end after writing it.

Is there anywhere I can complain to about this as if it isn't illegal then it is very bad practice. Is there an ombudsman that could look into it?

Thanks!

No they cannot use that signature as accepting the points on the document as you had not read it or seen what was on it; this is deception! or even fraud and would not stand up in court.

If you disagree with any of the deductions write and tell agent/LL and TDS scheme and raise a dispute.tell them that you did not sign any inventory agreement and your signature was obtained by deception and dishonestly used.

as you said you signed for the keys; in fact it should of been them signing it to conform they had received them from you so you have a record that you gave them back.

Does it make a difference if it is a digital signature? I assume in court it would have to be proven? I would hope it would be their job to prove my accusation wrong? Thanks!

Is there anywhere I can complain to about this as if it isn't illegal then it is very bad practice. Is there an ombudsman that could look into it?

:spy:

If that is dishonestly intended to gain, cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss, it is tantamount to an offence, since the Fraud Act 2006, so the person to look would be a magistrate.

P.S.

The suspect is therefore innocent unless proved guilty.