Help! Husband's 18year old mortgage debt landed on our doorstep today. I'm terrified.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would advise against putting date information in your postings that might help the other party in 'reconstructing' evidence, so as dates when you (or your OH) were living at certain locations. It makes it easier for them to make sure their 'evidence' fits around these dates.

OMWO

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

?????

Do you mean don't inform SS's about when my OH was here or there?

or on this forum? (which would be a bit late)

i have not given SS's in the letters sent any dates other than those supplied to me,

ie the alleged payment in 2000 and the alleged letter on 27/10/2004

I would just stick to the letter as it was.

I don't personally think that Shoosmiths have done anything wrong at this stage, so you just need to keep correspondence to the point. Their records state certain things and you want them to provide documentary evidence.

You start to get into dangerous ground if you start making allegations in letters about alleged criminal conduct for which there is no proof. Just keep it professional.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I was not suggesting that they accuse SS of acting in a criminal manner, but just to remind them that it may be viewed as such, according to the CPUTR 2008.

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

I was not suggesting that they accuse SS of acting in a criminal manner, but just to remind them that it may be viewed as such, according to the CPUTR 2008.

Why mention CPUTR 2008 then ? They will be aware of their obligations to meet certain legal standards. They are a law firm who have been around for decades. It is a pity they have joined the debt collection world, but then so many others have also done so.

The OP is going to ask for documentary proof of the information Shoosmiths say they have and that is all they need to do at this stage.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

it's best not to give away anything that might be useful to the other side or make their job easier, especially if they don't know it already.

So reading this it suggests that members of the Dark side, ie Debt Collection agencies may also be on here reading posts, does anyone else think that????

When i first started this thread i was unwilling to name them but several posters asked and guessed so......

Do you think they're reading now?

Do you think they're listening to me?

Do you think they're out there?????

dododoodo dodoodoodo .....

(do you know how difficult it is to 'write' the theme tune to the x files???? :!:

The Wishes A GOOD MORNING TO ALL 249 Guests and

if you work for a DCA put you crayons away and stop

sending silly meaningless letters.:yo::yo:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

So reading this it suggests that members of the Dark side, ie debt collection agencies may also be on here reading posts, does anyone else think that????
There's no maybe about it it's a fact. they trawl the social media sites such as Facebook too. that's why we bang on so much about people not revealing personal information or leave anything that can identify them when they upload files and images.

It's not a bad thing tho', because as a member of this site DCAs are up against a quarter of a million members not some lone individual who doesn't have a scooby. Not bad odds eh?

:spy::spy::spy:It is really happening, one DCA picked up

a case I was dealing with last year.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I had to agree to stop posting about it,and

then when the case was concluded there

was a confidentiality clause imposed.:madgrin:

I think that went out of the window when we joined the EU.:-x

I had to agree to stop posting about it,and

then when the case was concluded there

was a confidentiality clause imposed.:madgrin:

Confidentiality clauses are not legally enforceable, you just have to wait until you have received the letter with the compensation cheque and have cashed it. After which you post what the outcome was, without naming names, just the facts of what happened,

As for POD, I would not worry about it. It is not unknown for people with debt to become a bit paranoid. Even if someone from Shoosmiths did look on CAG, they would have to go to the effort of finding the details of the debt and then what could they do. There is nothing on this thread to worry about, as it just contains a rough outline of what has happened and advice from people as to how you should handle it.

This is a joke. You could twitter that Shoosmiths had a massive stock of Jimmy Choo shoes/latest Nike trainers and those involved in recent public disorder may wish to check them out. Boy will they be disapointed when they get there.

The BULK CC would be a prime target

for the looters I think.:madgrin:

Re: The riots in London and other places

government buildings are sure to be targeted

I think.