Unsolicited call from a company calling themselves ....

flooz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UK Helpline services. Has anyone else heard from them?

Call received this morning (my number is registered with TPS), from a foreign sounding gentleman, so I'm going to assume that the call centre isn't in this country.

Calling me as he wanted to talk about my 'unsecured debt worries'.

Needless to say, I pointed out the TPS rules etc, however, this gentleman (and I use that term loosely) actually became quite insistent in his 'script' and then very rude, just repeating TPS TPS TPS TPS over and over again.

It's not the first call I've had, but I can't find anything with a company name like he has given to contact.

I just wondered if anyone else has had a call from a company purporting to be UK helpline services?

yes I have had in last 2 weeks about 10 calls from different companies and I think this was one of the, after a bit I got bored of playing them along, and said you are in breach of Ofcom rules (they have no idea in India) and will be arrested if you carry on and they soon hang up. TPS doesnt cover call centres from abroad

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Thanks to you both. Surely, unsolicited calls are covered by TPS regardless of where they come from, particularly if it's supposedly a UK company? But I'll look into it.

The call was received on my mobile, have to admit, my home line seldom gets calls. Now I must look into who I've given my mobile number to recently, and who has obviously sold on my details.

Wish I could find out who the REAL company is though.

I thought that but if its from abroad and its a withheld number nothing TPS can do as they only cover UK generated calls, hence the tactic of using call centres from Asia

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

I thought that but if its from abroad and its a withheld number nothing TPS can do as they only cover UK generated calls, hence the tactic of using call centres from Asia

Ah, my interpretation of that is the rules still apply, but there's not a lot that can be done about it. No correct company name or telephone number to trace.

I did complain to TPS and thats what they told me, they did say however if I can get the company name and it has a base in UK then they may be able to do something, however whenever I get a call and google the name I can never find a trading company associated with they (made up) name they use