NDR Money & K&co. debt - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, you could take matters in to your own hands

and make payments direct, but it may be more trouble

than it's worth.

Is the balance very large/small compared

to the NDR charges?

Hi

NDR are managing two accounts:

ex K&Co - The balance prior to these five payments being made was only £60 next months payment of £30 would of finished it. But they took £150 (5 x £30) that bought my balance to about £90 in credit! But I checked the balance a couple of hours ago and it is now back at me owing them £60 - no sign of me credit!

Its a dam good job I took some screen shots earlier.

Give me a couple of hours and I will scan & upload the original payment plan letter telling me to pay £30 for 6 month back in Feb and will post some other stuff showing the 5 payments they took on the 12th Aug as well as the 52 failed attempts to £31 which, had there been money in my bank would come to about £1600 !!

The other account they manage is for about £900 and I havent had much problem with this one - I regular pay this every 4 weeks

Their APR is just horrendous - 45%

Current Debt : Approx £LOTS :-( ........................................................................Estimated Debt Free : Nov 2014 :-D

Barclaycard (wife) £1,080.43 Refunded

Barclaycard (me) SAR in progress

Shop Direct (x3 accounts) SAR completed. Claiming £3389.37 charges and £3,500 PPI

MBNA ..........SAR in progress. Charges & PPI from 1996 - present!

Your next ----> Lloyds Mastercard x2 - OPUS - Coop Visa - Monument Visa - RBS Visa - Cap One Visa x2 - Redcats x2

Okay here are some scans. I know the balance is only for £60 but the point is that they have taken £150 when they should of only taken £31 but what is really worrying is that they attempted to take 52 x £31 from my bank.

I can only attach 5 scans so please open them in this order:

1. payment plan.jpg - Self explanotary. This was agreed with NDR. Regular payments was made as it was only for 6 month @ £30 which I could afford no problems. But this weird letter appered

2. confused acct.jpg - Letter telling me they have been trying to contact me £12 charge. *Note* the name Very next to the blanked out account number - this confused me!

3. nationwide statment-1.jpg - Next was the 5 payments they took from my bank when I only set up for one. This is my bank statement.

4. Acount View13-08-2011 19-47-30-1.jpg - This is a screen shot of my NDR account after they made the payments. Note my arrears as being £0.00 and I'm in credit.

My wife spoke to them on Friday 13th and they stated that their accounts dont show any payments. I send an email - they reply denying any knowledge. Look at my NDR account today (14th August)

5. 14-08-2011 14-14-29-1.jpg - Interesting! My arears are back and I still owe them money, so where did my £150 go??

EDIT - dam attachments are too small ! payment plan.pdf

nationwide statment-1.pdf

confused acct.pdf

Acount View13-08-2011 19-47-30-1.pdf

14-08-2011 14-14-29-1.pdf

Edited by geordieman

Current Debt : Approx £LOTS :-( ........................................................................Estimated Debt Free : Nov 2014 :-D

Shop Direct (x3 accounts) SAR completed. Claiming £3389.37 charges and £3,500 PPI

Your next ----> Lloyds Mastercard x2 - OPUS - Coop Visa - Monument Visa - RBS Visa - Cap One Visa x2 - Redcats x2

Hi I think I can see what has happened the

payment has been auto processed 5 times instead

of one there may have been manual intervention to

correct instead of reversing 4 payments they

have reversed them all your money should show

back in your account shortly and therfore no payment

shows as being made to NDR.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi .. Ive PDF'd the attachments

But what about the 52 x attempts ?

Hi, geordie these bl**dy automated systems if they

fail once and it's not properly rectified the go on trying

to access the account until intervention or they blow a gasket.

Check your bank account if you get any charges you can of course claim them back'

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Cheers Brig ... I will do ! I hope they do return the money because its needed elsewhere! Like between now & 28th when I get paid !

Geordie keep a close eye on your account poss warn the bank

sometimes the reversal can take days.

Brig.

not under the guarantee

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Take with one hand and give with the other!

Four of the payment they took arrived back in my bank this morning.

When I was talking to someone from my bank about this, I explained to him that one of my concerns was that I was worried that I would wake up (for example) the day after pay day only to find more 're-occurring' payments has appeared from this lot. I was astonished to be told that if they (DCA) could locate my money and that if they were owed it, then they could try to get at it by any lawful means. !

Anyway ..I'm happy because I have my money they took.

PS ... I did get a email from NDR expalining that they had "experienced difficulties on the website" ......just imagine if all 57 payments had gone thru = £1,767 would of been taken from my bank without my authority!

Well at least it's admitted there was a tech fault,

personally I would use a standing order, after this they

cannot possibly object.

Brig.

ps glad I was right:jaw:

The bank employee is talking bowlarks, you should have just laughed at them, they are clearly as ill informed as the majority of the population when it comes to what DCA's can & can't do.

If you ever gave your card details to these clowns (DCA) then cancel your card immediately, and instruct the bank that under no circumstances are any further payments to be made to this outfit via direct debit or card transaction. You will only authorise a standing order which you will set up yourself.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Cheers Brig (and others)

I can set up a 'faster payment' method via my bank online, is that the same as a SO. (I can cancel this as I wish)

Do you mean this??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster_Payments_Service

Here is a better explanation with flow chart, and yes it does appear to be similar to the SO..

http://www.ukpayments.org.uk/faster_payments_service/how_does_the_faster_payment_service_work/

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Best be safe the SO is the safest way, online

this old luddite does not approve:madgrin::madgrin:

Hmm

This is Nationwide Faster payment

Seems very similar to a SO

I have complete control about payment & frequency etc

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/faster_payments/default.htm

wow my type font is small !

wow my type font is small !

I've heard people call it some strange names in the past, but never a type font! :gossip: