Deductions from Wages - Allowed or Not!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks 'screwed again', I think I may need all the luck I can get.

Picked up my last payslip, despite the Letter Before Action I personally handed in, they have NOT refunded the original £65.00, and have even gone one further by deducting another £65.00 for another PCN (but this one they are contesting, so they are witholding the amount just in case it fails!), also without my consent or provision in my Contract.

Off to my local CAB today (Monday 8th August), we'll see what they say about this!!!

Judging by the advice I have gleaned from several legal advice websites, it may have to go to Employment Tribunal.

(I'll post an update when I return!)

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

UPDATE (10-Aug-11) -

Well, the CAB informed me that I seemed to be 'on the ball' and advised me to go to ACAS, which I did.

ACAS have informed me that after a brief discussion with one of the managers (and not the boss himself, surprise surprise there!), my former boss is happy to pay me the money he owes me, but he will take me to court to get it back, since it is fine-related and is all to do with me! [i refer you back to the "DO NOT PASS THIS ON TO THE DRIVER" instruction on the PCN's!]

So, time to get Legal Advice and take it to Employment Tribunal!!!

(I never knew how difficult it is to get Free Legal Advice on employment matters!) ;o)

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

Yep, but of course they will have to prove that you are 100% responsible for the fine, and that they have fully appealed and done everything expected of them to mitigate the costs.

Then just offer to pay them back at £1 a week. Should teach the buggers...

I've sent my ET1 form off, and have (obviously) decided to go to Employment Tribunal. They should get the form on Monday!

Let's see what happens now :o)

UPDATE (19 Aug 2011) :

It will be at Tribunal on the 25th October! Yeehaa!