EGG - Capital Credit Angencies - Resolvecall - HOME VISIT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Like a lot of people I have found myself getting deeper into debt for a variety of reasons.

At times I was 'robbing Peter to pay Paul', but unfortunately sometimes 'peter' was not there!

I have numerous creditors, mainly credit cards and a couple of smaller accounts with companies such as mail order etc.

About 6 -7 months ago I took the 'bull by the horns' and took a long hard look at exactly where I stand and decided enough was enough.

For once, I organised all my debts, total owed, dates due by, min payment required and put them all onto a spread sheet - one for me and one for my partner.

I wrote to all of them explaining my own circumstances as to why things have gone the way it has and was hoping for some sort of regular reduced payment plan etc.

I basically fell behind payments with a few of them or failed to pay the minuim required.

(If it helps I had a very bad car crash that left me off work for several months that resulted

in losing pay by some £400 - 600 each month, which is a lot for me and was enough for things to escalate).

I am now in some sort of serious advice about a few issues with some of the creditors but as this thread relates to EGG I will just post about them, although I have some other problems I would like advice about but will create a new thread whenever).

So...

I have an EGG credit card that I have missed about two payments and paid slightly less than the minuim payment, but have always paid something. Prior to being taken over by Barclays I wrote twice to EGG but never replied anything.

On 17th June I recieved one letter - Eleven days later I recieved another from Capital Credit Agencies (part of EGG I think - its on their headed paper)

I immediately wrote to them that day asking for a payment plan etc due to my circs and also expalined that I prefer to keep things in writing rather than telephone.

One day after the CCA letter I recieved the next letter from Reolvecall with the usual threats

So I have EGG, Capital Credit Agencies and now Resolvecall writing to me asking me to call :: NOTE :: all the different telephone numbers!

Resolvecall called to my home about 8 days after the date on their letter and luckily I was out and left a card poking out a letter box. One the plain bown envelope simply said

[My Name]

"Private"

So in the space of a few weeks I have had three seperate letters from three seperate people and a home visit.

What can I do now? I dont want people coming to my home and I am really worried that they will try to see where I work or contact my employer.

I am on the brink of ringing them up and see what happens.

letters.pdf

Edited by geordieman

Current Debt : Approx £LOTS :-( ........................................................................Estimated Debt Free : Nov 2014 :-D

Barclaycard (wife) £1,080.43 Refunded

Barclaycard (me) SAR in progress

Shop Direct (x3 accounts) SAR completed. Claiming £3389.37 charges and £3,500 PPI

MBNA ..........SAR in progress. Charges & PPI from 1996 - present!

Your next ----> Lloyds Mastercard x2 - OPUS - Coop Visa - Monument Visa - RBS Visa - Cap One Visa x2 - Redcats x2

Done & Done -)

egg.zip

Edited by cerberusalert

Current Debt : Approx £LOTS :-( ........................................................................Estimated Debt Free : Nov 2014 :-D

Shop Direct (x3 accounts) SAR completed. Claiming £3389.37 charges and £3,500 PPI

Your next ----> Lloyds Mastercard x2 - OPUS - Coop Visa - Monument Visa - RBS Visa - Cap One Visa x2 - Redcats x2

i have tidied the thread and used:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

to put the 4 letters into a pdf as detailed above

in the first post

you do not need any posts to do this method

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i've got to admit, it unusual for them to act so fast

strange

anyhow, dont worry about these muppet threat-o-grams

there is nowt they can legally do to you

might be an idea to read seq's blog in my sig as well

pay EGG or any of your creditor WHAT YOU CAN EASILY AFFORD

tough if they dont like it!!

you are in control now NOT THEM.

and dont use the phone to talk about your debts either NEVER EVER.

you TELL them what they are going to get by LETTER and once only.

now how about some reclaiming

i bet you've got heeps of unlawful fees [late/over/cats died]

and mis-sold PPI

i bet you have egg are renound for their PPI fleecing tactics via the old online sign-up site.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you sent them a CCA request & was there any PPI or unfair charges on this a/c that you can reclaim?

Hi

I have not sent a CCA request because if I'm honest I'm not sure what one is and I have no idea if I had PPI ( I had PPI with EGG loan and claimed back about £800 18 mth ago when I send a basic template letter -- but I have no idea if I have PPI with the Credit Card)

Unfair Charges? YES! ...

wow ...thanks for all the advice & help! Food for thought but my main worry is Resolvecall calling at my home, like they did this weekend. They are clearly using agents or something because I live a zillion miles from their office in Glasgow. What do I say if these people call again? ....I'm still waiting for my reply from Capital Credit Agencies aka EGG with my 'offer'

dx100uk I'd already uploaded the file for the OP & you deleted it. See below.

i wondered where they came from , started pro9 and i'd already got them in the pdf

must have hilighted and pasted yours as well

sri cerb

dx

and they

Hi

I have not sent a CCA request because if I'm honest I'm not sure what one is and I have no idea if I had PPI ( I had PPI with EGG loan and claimed back about £800 18 mth ago when I send a basic template letter -- but I have no idea if I have PPI with the Credit Card)

Unfair Charges? YES! ...

i wonder if you got the full interest wack on the egg ppi, i bet you didn't!

go get them charges

and reinvestigate any ppi,

and they

Righto ... my first CCA is off in the post to see if I have been fleeced with PPI on my card. Ive also sent a template out to Resolvecall telling them stop the uninvited visits and I have a spare one printed just in case Mr Door Knocker comes back that I will just simply give him and tell him to “Ger Orf moi land”!

But how persistent are these door knockers? Surely whilst I am still waiting for a reply from EGG to see if they will accept my reduced payment, they cant keep knock, can they? But if im honest I am petrified in case they contact my employer!

no they cant they have no legal powers

why are you ASKING egg to accept it

YOU TELL THEM THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO GET.

its YOUR MONEY take control

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just a quick update re this thread (and mainly for the benefit of others who are dealing with EGG)

I basically complained to EGG concerning their use of ResolveCall who came banging on my door only after one week of a threatening letter! I also complained that despite making an offer of a reduced payment, they failed to respond.

I have attached their response (and also the original letter from ResolveCall, a week before their visit)

According to EGG the role of the trespassing door knockers is and I quote:

"Their role is to hand you a telephone with an EGG representative on the other end, not to coerce payments directly from you"

Funny how the letter from ResolveCall a week earlier clearly states:

....this action will include

• A personal visit being made by one of our representatives to your home to collect payment.

I could do with a hand responding to them to clearly state that I have no wish to enter a conversations over the telephone as a want everything in writing. I don’t want to be awkward or anything like that, I just simply want to pay a reduced amount (which I have allready started anyway). ResolveCall have no legal right to collect money as I’ve CCA'd EGG and they still have me on their books.

Thanks

PS I am thinking about SAR to see how many charges they have heaped on me over the years, I’ve had the Credit Card since 1999.

EGG_Complaint2.pdf

EGG_Complaint1.pdf

EGG_Complaint3.pdf

resolvecall 29.06.11 - blanked.pdf

wouldn't bother

waste of a stamp

just pay what you can when you can

and yes get reclaiming!

dx

and they