DLA renewal further information required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have renewal for DLA pending. Today I received a letter asking for further information. I stated on my form that i have had several admissions over the years for mental health, have bipolar, they are wanting to know dates of hospital admissions. These are from 1979-2002 (6 admissions) can anyone advise on why they are asking for this information, as i thought DLA was about care needs, and is this a good or bad sign. Be grateful for any thoughts

many thanks

Hospital admissions can effect your care component of DLA award if you're in for more than 4 weeks. If you're renewing your award, they probably want to check that none of the stays coincided with your DLA award, and if they did that they weren't for more than 4 weeks or were notified.

Thank you for your reply. I have been in receipt of DLA since 2002, this was after my last admission. I havent been in hospital since. Could this be the only reason. I am like everyone full of anxiety lately with anything to do with benefits.

many thanks

The part which you fill in about hospital admissions asks for admissions in the last 2 years - you said you'd had some, so they asked for further info. In reality you didn't need to put down any hospital stays on the form if they were more than 2 years ago.