Employment/Work and asscioated benefits woes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do I hav to appeal wore going to ET?
No. It is best to get your ET claim in because of the time limits.

The ET like you to go through the appeal and exhaust the internal process but you can make your ET claim and still go through wth the appeal.

Write on your ET1 that you either have or intend to appeal, whichever is the fact.

You need to write to employer immediately and inform it that you want to appeal, if you have not already done so.

Employer will know about your ET claim roughly 6 days after you have made it and it gets 28 days from that date to submit its ET3 defence.

I think the ET1 may well pressure them into giving you the backpay and your relationship with them has ended so you have nothing to lose.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It is best to get your ET claim in because of the time limits.

The ET like you to go through the appeal and exhaust the internal process but you can make your ET claim and still go through wth the appeal.

Write on your ET1 that you either have or intend to appeal, whichever is the fact.

You need to write to employer immediately and inform it that you want to appeal, if you have not already done so.

Employer will know about your ET claim roughly 6 days after you have made it and it gets 28 days from that date to submit its ET3 defence.

I think the ET1 may well pressure them into giving you the backpay and your relationship with them has ended so you have nothing to lose.

Ooh thanks for that I'll get this ET forms in over the weekend and my appeal.

Bit of Intrestin information I finally got hold of the opt out contract. I there greivance reply trouvé said I've agreed to the rate of 6.50 and that's why they won't backdate the equal pay. Surprise surprise it's not in there just like I knew it wasn't.

Good job I recorded that greivance meeting some of the notes are incorrect

Ho Ho Ho as Santa would say. Why not write a nice ET! and put in the bit about the opt out not being in the contract the comparator etc and your grievance not being upheld. I think they might just cough up when they get it or offer you at least £500 to go away.

Good luck with it. Hope your current work situation is better.

Dam it is on the contract imnpaid 6.50 per hour. Does this matter?

Have a look at the equal pay act. Logically you are entitled to equal pay for similar work as the male comparator no matter what you signed because employer should not have asked you to take less than the fair rate. That should be dealt with in the act as it goes to the heart of the matter.

He was yes we were working for the same site for the same agency.

I've just had some advise form a lawyer and a judge in work. They are going to help me with the claim if I need any.

Well that sounds promising! I hope they can get you your money.

We're they incorrect before your grievance?

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

My wages are incorrect for the 15th time. Every week since I lodged the greivance they've been wrong, coincidence?

Keep the payslips and do your own calculation then write to them with a pay query for the full 15 weeks, if you have not already done so.

It's been incorrect 15 times for the duration of my employment but incorrect 3 times on the run since lodging a greivance

It's usually corrected and put on the following week wages but for the last three weeks I've demanded a same day payment which goes in at around 5pm as a second payment and I never get an amended payslip, missing 5 now in total.

Also they offered "200 as a good will gesture for the pay discrepancies" to be paid on Friday but this isn't showing either on my payslip.

I am more than a bit baffled by their accounting. How do you feel you are disadvantaged? I mean what effect does this fluctating income have on you? Are your contributions being paid at the right rate?

I am more than a bit baffled by their accounting. How do you feel you are disadvantaged? I mean what effect does this fluctating income have on you? Are your contributions being paid at the right rate?

I've asked this question about my tax/ni because of the missing payslips I cannot see what's gone were. Once two weeks on the run I did the exact same hours but got taxed 15 and 42 the following week. Another time the payslipbthu has sent me wasn't showing 8 hours holiday pay and what I was actually paid was correct with that payslip yet thy wee insisting my "online payslip" was showing it was there. I worked out my tax that week and had been taxed on hours I wasn't paid for. I asked to see this online payslip but they insisting on posting one and it wasn't showing there either yet 3 of them insisted it had been paid. Hope that makes sense. Now isn't just me or is that a blatent tax fiddle? I do believe they were investigated by the serious fraud office in 1991 an a massive court case was brought.

Also I rang the tax office a while ago an he said " some weeks they are overpaying other weeks they are underpaying I've no idea why but your payments appear to be up to date"

Very suspect isn't it!?