Who to complain to

sisternumber1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been buying organic meat online for some time. A year or so ago the online shop was taken over by some one else, the problems began, ordering less and less, but got an email flyer with a couple of offers I could not resist.

Firstly there was an item for £1 so I ordered it as well as several other things, now I was fairly certain that the £1 item was a mistake so was not at all perturbed by the phone call telling me so, so I declined that item.

The rest of the order duly arrived so I decided to make sure that I checked it very carefully, and sure enough they had overcharged me for another item, they said it weighed 1kg when it fact it weighed 506g as evidenced by the packaging and secondly they charged it at a different rate to what it is advertised on the website at. The company will not refund me, although I have raised a complaint with PayPal over this. All the erroneous prices are still showing on their website, they also have an accreditation certificate, I cannot connect to their website (SEE) on their front page. Interestingly they have not won any awards since the present owners took over - they are http://www.graigfarm.co.uk

Who to complain to?

Who to complain to?

:|

A Magistrate's Court, if need be.

It's a strict liability criminal offence, for a trader's misleading action or omission to cause or be "likely to cause the average consumer to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise".

Cite The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, section 5 & 6

It is not an option, by the way, for Trading Standards to be unwilling to investigate. According to Section 19 "it shall be the duty of every enforcement authority to enforce these Regulations", which means that if an enforcer fails to enforce you could act against the enforcer.