advice on moorcroft debt re alliance and leicester bank account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am new to this site and need your advice please,

quick detail

other half opened an alliance and leicester bank account back we think in 2007, the terms if we remember correctly were you had to deposit £500 monthly

and you were given free travel insurance and we maybe a savings account too but we just cant rememeber it was called a Premier current account.

He also thinks he was sold some type of insurance for card fraud but again we are not sure,

due to being self employed other half didnt keep up with the monthly deposits of £500.

We are not sure if he went overdrawn himself or it was because they started to charge him £5 under funding fee for not putting enough money in ,

but the account went overdrawn and he just left the account and ignored the letters at the time GRRR!!

we only have 2 statements to go by as we have moved house and lost paperwork the balance of one starts at £223.69 which is dated oct 2008 and the other dated feb 09 balance is £248.69.

Moorcroft are sending threatening letters stating intended litigation and legal proceedings etc stating he owes them £418.68 as instructed by Santander.

I wrote a letter to Santander asking if they could remove some unfair charges to try and reduce the amoutn but the debt had already been passed to moorcroft and we heard nothing from Santander.

This is showing on his credit as an defaulted account and we want to get a mortgage in the next 6 months so really want to sort this out.

Please can you advise us of what we should do?

we have not contacted Moorcroft at all and they are still sending the letters to our old address.

Hi and Welcome.You need to send SAR letter + £10(letter in site file) to Santander this will produce all statements and all other data held regarding the account.

Just advise Moorcroft that you have SARd Santander and you will contact Moorcroft as soon as you have all the details in your possession

This will slow Moorcroft down and produce all data that you require from Santander,then we can help further,

Regards FS

who has put the defaults on?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi, if you mean what name is it showing on experian as the defaulted account it is Santander.

thanks for the advice on sending the letter firstship, do you know where I can find out the correct Santander address to send it to and also how to I send them £10? cheque, postal order, cash etc also should it be recorded post?

then its still with santander

poss the only way to get the default removed would be an F&F with its removal as a condition of the F&F

£10 PO is the way to go

as long as you get proof of posting 2nd class will do

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi..DX has confirmed the advice,SAR £10 PO send recorded direct to Santander and inform Moorcroft that the account is on hold until their client responds to your SAR.

We can then further advise

Are you Ok with the address,and it for the attention of the Data Processing Department

FS

Thread moved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I have just got back a mini statment from the old alliance and leicester account from Santander, the total debt is showing £418.69 and the bank charges I have calculated at £195. He was £223.69 OD when they started puting underfunding charges on at £5 these started on 3/10/08 and on the 3/4/09 they charged£60 for exceeding overdraft limit from 18 feb - 17 mar 12 days at £5.00 it appears that the underfunding charges they started adding sent the account into exceeding the overdraft, which we think was about £250 but cant remember. Hope you can understand this and can you please advise us what we should do next ? they also sent back the £10 postal order by the way.

thanks firstship, what other data am I waiting for? as it doesnt appear from the letter from Santander that they willnot be sending anything else and it stated that they presume I require that data in order to reclaim my bank charges and have just sent a mini statment and covering letter.

you should receive all statements dating back to the opening of the account,a copy of the original agreement with all the details you have indicated(travel insurance etc) any letters they have sent you and dates of defaults,dates of transfer to Moorcroft,ALL DATA,a mini statement on its own is not compliant with your SAR request

As you are aware it is almost impossible to recover bank charges due to High Court Rulings,however when you have all the relevant details,you can certainly try asking Santander for help by refunding some of the charges

Worth a go thats for sure

FS