Amazon & my faulty laptop

scott7saunders
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have a Samsung laptop which I purchased from Amazon.co.uk last month (34 days ago to be accurate) and its developed what I concider a fault. The unit gets very hot when in normal operation and the battery which is meant last around 4 hours lasts for just over 1 hours. This is the same even when I enable all the power saving features of the laptop and turn off the brightness and sound.

I apprecate that battery life with items like these are a little bit and miss as there are so many factors that effect the performance however the heat issues is a real worry...

what are my rights here ? Amazon have just sent me an email addressing my concerns which basically says that I am to contact the Samsung..

any help please?

Hi Scott

How did you pay for your laptop?

If you payed by Credit Card / Visa Debt then you could contact your Credit Card Company and do a Chargeback. The clock ticks on Chargeback.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards

or have a read of number 10 in my signature. Amazon are responsible for the laptop, not Samsung.

thanks for the reply, how do you think that I should proceed with Amazon ? do I go directly back to them and say that the responsibility is with the retail and I would like them to make good what is not right and offer a refund or replacement?

or is that to direct?

Thanks

You are nowhere near to being direct enough, because I continue to wonder what it is you want, to reject the goods and have done with it all, or give them the chance to repair or replace.

A buyer is entitled to claim to either effect, which is not to venture an opinion about the chance to succeed.