Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I see elsewhere that you managed to get the seetec attempt to sanction you overturned. Well done! Of course 2 things occur to me:

1. It should not necessary for individuals to have to fight sand contest unfair sanction attempts in the numbers that are now occurring.

2. If you are unfortunate enough to collect a sanction doubt (muggins' turn) do not just accept it. Fight it all the way. Know your rights ... and use them.

Amen to that.

Plus, if you let the DWP and Jobcentre staff see that you know your rights then they hopefully won't try it on with you in the first place. First thing to do with any new advisor you see is to make sure they know you're on the ball and that you're waiting to catch them out.

I once got a sanction for missing an appointment which, had I not known the rules, I would have just accepted as I genuinely did miss the appointment through my own fault. I read up on the rules and found they hadn't followed procedure by notifying me of the sanction in writing so after quoting the relevant guidelines to them - along with a threat of much complaint and adverse publicity - my money was refunded. A lot of the time the DWP shoots itself in the foot with procedural errors and we must be able to take advantage of that.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if labour win in 2015 will the WP be abolished?

Even if they do then the next scheme will be WP mark 2 with a similar scheme, new name and even more stupid hoops fit people to leap through whilst the scheme providers bleed money from the government

if labour win in 2015 will the WP be abolished?

You jest surely? No party is going to abolish the Work Programme because it's the only 'seen to be doing anything' option on the table.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Yeah, did that one with A4e - but after enduring 2 weeks of crap I got a placement in a charity shop (even though I do admin work) and it turned out to be a nice place, great people and the shop was next to my bus stop. Much better than doing the 13 weeks at A4e.

There will always be some sort of 'work program', even if it's just for the sake of appearances. Hopefully a new government might initiate a more suitable one with less BS and more genuine help but I don't think any of us would bet money on that!

There will always be some sort of 'work program', even if it's just for the sake of appearances. Hopefully a new government might initiate a more suitable one with less BS and more genuine help but I don't think any of us would bet money on that!

It is just like when I left school in the seventies. Identical in practice and spirit. Not privatised though, back then.

what happens to JSA payments if you have submitted a JSA 28? my friend submitted one a week or so before Christmas and was due to sign on boxing day, he wants to know will money still go into his account on tuesday as normal? :/

I thought I was free of Ingeus as I found employment and have been working now for ten weeks or so. However, on New Year's Day I had a text saying my appointment with [old adviser] was tomorrow (2/1/14) at x o'clock. I ignored the text thinking it was a mistake, and then today I received another text saying my next appointment is scheduled for tomorrow with [old adviser] at x o'clock. No idea why I've received these two texts, but I know for sure I haven't been contacted prior to the "appointments" being arranged. Also, I haven't been on JSA since I found work so it's not like I have to attend these dubious appointments anyway.

I thought I was free of Ingeus as I found employment and have been working now for ten weeks or so. However, on New Year's Day I had a text saying my appointment with [old adviser] was tomorrow (2/1/14) at x o'clock. I ignored the text thinking it was a mistake, and then today I received another text saying my next appointment is scheduled for tomorrow with [old adviser] at x o'clock. No idea why I've received these two texts, but I know for sure I haven't been contacted prior to the "appointments" being arranged. Also, I haven't been on JSA since I found work so it's not like I have to attend these dubious appointments anyway.

The next time you get contacted write back and say that you would be prepared to extend them a courtesy visit if they agree to pay costs and expenses for the day, £500 should about cover it.:wink:

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I'd send them a letter (not an email, text or phone call) stating that you are working and no longer claiming JSA, that no further appointments are required, and to please cease contact and delete your phone number from their records.

If that doesn't work, I imagine poster Mr. P would have some further thoughts :wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The next time you get contacted write back and say that you would be prepared to extend them a courtesy visit if they agree to pay costs and expenses for the day, £500 should about cover it.:wink:

I like this idea :-)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

You have got the texts as they probably haven't got 'enough information' about your employer - I had the same, phoned them up and told them what I thought of them. They wanted to know all sorts of info about my work, and I said you just need to know I have work - end of.

I asked for the managers name so I could put in a complaint about their abysmal record-keeping and they backed down.

Give them a ring and tell them the only problem you have is them trying to get you to meet somebody which isn't necessary and please completely close your record down - otherwise you will report them to Trading Standards and HMRC for incorrect record-keeping.

I'd send them a letter (not an email, text or phone call) stating that you are working and no longer claiming JSA, that no further appointments are required, and to please cease contact and delete your phone number from their records.

If that doesn't work, I imagine poster Mr. P would have some further thoughts :wink:

I wouldn't divulge the reason for ceasing a claim of JSA - Just write a short, blunt letter refusing permission to contact on the grounds that the JSA claim has ended along with any contractual or legal basis for engagement with the provider. Any courtesy visits would be subject to a fee payable on entry. Unscheduled or unauthorised visits by WP provider staff or agents will be dealt with by way of a wet kipper.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

To be honest, I'm quite happy to keep receiving the texts (to delete takes 10 seconds!) because I know I am wasting their time and saving some poor soul from the Ingeus experience for at least half an hour. It's if letters and/or phone calls start is where it becomes a problem for me.

To be honest, I'm quite happy to keep receiving the texts (to delete takes 10 seconds!) because I know I am wasting their time and saving some poor soul from the Ingeus experience for at least half an hour. It's if letters and/or phone calls start is where it becomes a problem for me.

Well, in that case, I guess you should simply ignore them for now. They are likely to keep contacting you (they want the money they could claim for your effort in finding yourself a job) but if it's not hugely bothering you I guess that's not a problem. Just pay them no attention.

This one works best if initiated from day one of the work programme.

Sign up and register a free phone number offering call forwarding - Divert it to your normal phone.

The cost of call divert is embedded in the premium rate number you are allocated, so the caller ends up paying for the service. When you've had enough of their harassment, configure the call divert to their head office, DCA, or political party of your choice.

I'm unfortunately back on Ingeus after my Christmas job ended.

I'm interested, though. I want to take a Sign Language course in Glasgow but can't really afford it. Do you think Ingeus would help with the funds? They were harassing me while I was working and offering to help with "funds" then so do you think they'd help me out with this? I figure if I'm getting forced to go I may as well take advantage of their money!

I want to take a Sign Language course in Glasgow but can't really afford it. Do you think Ingeus would help with the funds?

Do you have a confirmed offer of a job after completing this course ?

If the answer is no, then the prospects of getting funding is limited.

Is the course available at zero cost to Ingeus - i.e. are there grants available from other sources ?

If the answer is yes, then they may well stump up travel expenses and claim credit for organising and funding the course.

It doesn't hurt to ask - They may surprise all of us and say yes (but don't hold your breath).