Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys/gals was wondering if there is any way of finding out somewhere when my end date is....been with Ingeus almost 2yrs now think i'm due to end early July, meet my 8th advisor today he is ok as a person but made me feel like a child the way he spoke to me I am a good 8 years older than him, also he was 15mins late for my appointment receptionist had to ring him twice to remind him i was waiting, when I pointed that out to him he added a extra few CV drops he has me doing (told me I have to do 30 CV drops in stores and ask for manager/contact numbers and names so when I next see him in around 3/4 weeks as he is off on his hols for 2weeks) he can get me to ring up and check they have read my CV) hate this sort of thing, I have worked in shops on and off all my adult life and I know how busy the workers in the stores are yet I have to bug them to get me a number of contact for the managers etc so my teacher at ingeus can check up on me.....grrrr I want rid of this place fast, it is making me depressed and edgy.

Jobcentre should be able to tell you the end date as they are the ones who sent you to the drone

Mine told me the end date and made an appointment for it but my drone hasn't said anything yet

appointment Monday though - 9.15 so damned early

Edited by citizenB

Hey guys/gals was wondering if there is any way of finding out somewhere when my end date is....been with Ingeus almost 2yrs now think i'm due to end early July, meet my 8th advisor today he is ok as a person but made me feel like a child the way he spoke to me I am a good 8 years older than him, also he was 15mins late for my appointment receptionist had to ring him twice to remind him i was waiting, when I pointed that out to him he added a extra few CV drops he has me doing (told me I have to do 30 CV drops in stores and ask for manager/contact numbers and names so when I next see him in around 3/4 weeks as he is off on his hols for 2weeks) he can get me to ring up and check they have read my CV) hate this sort of thing, I have worked in shops on and off all my adult life and I know how busy the workers in the stores are yet I have to bug them to get me a number of contact for the managers etc so my teacher at ingeus can check up on me.....grrrr I want rid of this place fast, it is making me depressed and edgy.

Ingeus make me depressed to, sad to say i have another year left at ingeus :-( some of the things they get you to do are rather pointless in my opinion.

Exactly what I mean, when i got the job myself all my adviser said to me Was 'very well done', it crossed my mind to think it was like being back at school and getting a gold star......btw how much does an adviser get for doing sweet FA if you get a job yourself?

I've been trying to find out how much bonus they get from people finding jobs, without any luck they tell you that they dont get a bonus but we all know they do.

the training place i was at for 18 weeks, they were the same got a bonus but denied it.

When i left the training place to go back to ingeus my advisor kept telling me, if you get a job before you go back to ingeus, make sure you tell me not ingeus! why so you can get a bonus out of me? no no no she said i just need to know yeah right!

They're like rats scrabbling round a rubbish tip, looking for morsels. Using Ingeus' logic, this means that if I buy a winning lottery ticket from a newsagent, then the newsagent is entitled to a share just because I was in his shop at the time. Good luck with making that stick in court :)

If you find a job yourself, even while on Ingeus premises, using their pc's I still class that as YOUR effort, not theirs. You're doing nothing there that you couldn't be doing at home. The only way I'll let them get paid is if they find me a vacancy which I haven't already seen, or wasn't able to find myself.

Strange that they're constantly telling us 'if you want pay you have to work for it', while poncing off our efforts.

They're like rats scrabbling round a rubbish tip, looking for morsels. Using Ingeus' logic, this means that if I buy a winning lottery ticket from a newsagent, then the newsagent is entitled to a share just because I was in his shop at the time. Good luck with making that stick in court :)

If you find a job yourself, even while on Ingeus premises, using their pc's I still class that as YOUR effort, not theirs. You're doing nothing there that you couldn't be doing at home. The only way I'll let them get paid is if they find me a vacancy which I haven't already seen, or wasn't able to find myself.

Strange that they're constantly telling us 'if you want pay you have to work for it', while poncing off our efforts.

Couldn't agree more with you, all they do is treat us like 5 yr olds and pounce of our efforts!

it seems i've been 'parked' :whoo: no contact for 4 months then phone call

yesterday saying they'll keep in touch by phone every couple of months from now on..i'm 61

Would anyone know if this is just for Ingeus or are all Providers likely to take this route. I am 61 in 2 weeks and I am losing my job on that day too and officially retire September 2014. I don't think I have the stamina anymore to spend time again looking for work. It took me 17 months to get the job I'm losing which was temporary, but lasted 9 months and only took that to get off the Work Programme for a while, now have until April to finish the 2 years.

Their argument was it was THEIR computers. That it was them giving you the confidence from their workshops to apply for that job. Their help with the CV etc.

Their argument was it was THEIR computers. That it was them giving you the confidence from their workshops to apply for that job. Their help with the CV etc.

If they seriously think that any of their workshops could build your confidence up then they are deluded, their workshops are all pathetic waste of time ones and either deal with the basics or are totally irrelevant

From what I can see on here plus in my experience any of the drone's "CV help" only helps to make CV's look worse and turns out to be a way to get extra cash

Edited by citizenB

Sorry for the lack of updates this past week or so. Gutted to see our lunatic friend Helpyourself appears to have buggered off.

I've been with Ingeus now for about three weeks now and to be honest, it's gone a lot better than I thought. Seems like I have nice enough advisor, who has appreciated the new CVs and cover letters I have produced. However, despite saying they believe I should have no problem in filling out an application and doing a decent job search, I've been mandated to attend daft workshops/courses for both. Sounds like a total waste of my time to me. Bit ****ed off by it. Oh, I have a "mock interview" as well at some point during the week. I've no idea what to expect or how to treat it.

Last thing, had a very brief chat with the security guy in the building. He said this place has gone crazy. They're sending way too many people on the work programme, when the simple fact is their just aren't enough jobs out there. This guy knows what he's talking about.

Sorry for the lack of updates this past week or so. Gutted to see our lunatic friend Helpyourself appears to have buggered off.

I've been with Ingeus now for about three weeks now and to be honest, it's gone a lot better than I thought. Seems like I have nice enough advisor, who has appreciated the new CVs and cover letters I have produced. However, despite saying they believe I should have no problem in filling out an application and doing a decent job search, I've been mandated to attend daft workshops/courses for both. Sounds like a total waste of my time to me. Bit ****ed off by it. Oh, I have a "mock interview" as well at some point during the week. I've no idea what to expect or how to treat it.

Last thing, had a very brief chat with the security guy in the building. He said this place has gone crazy. They're sending way too many people on the work programme, when the simple fact is their just aren't enough jobs out there. This guy knows what he's talking about.

In terms of the Mock Interview.... it is entirely your choice as to whether to subscribe to this, or whether you wish to indulge a Welfare To Work Clerk (presumably conducting the Mock Interview) and give the pleb additional opportunities to criticise you. If you have not been mandated to attend the Mock Interview, simply tell Ingeus that, upon reflection if you ever wanted to subscribe to a Mock Interview, you would week Professional Guidance from a Professional Careers Advisor.

It all goes on their 'wonderful things we've done to help the client' list to show their DWP masters. That's why it's important that we tell the DWP exactly what they didn't do for us - I had a Cover Letter writing workshop where the advisor was almost totally absent and I ended up helping everyone, including an African guy who could speak little english. This will go on my complaint report at the end of my 2 years.

..was nice when the advisor came back in the room at the end and said 'How's everyone getting on? and someone said 'We're getting on great, thanks to this guy who's helped us and done your job for you' :)

If they seriously think that any of their workshops could build your confidence up then they are deluded, their workshops are all pathetic waste of time ones and either deal with the basics or are totally irrelevant

From what I can see on here plus in my experience any of the Drone's "CV help" only helps to make CV's look worse and turns out to be a way to get extra cash

Oh I don't think that at all. That will be their logic.

Edited by citizenB

An update of John27's post #3825 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?309173-Ingeus&p=4253587&viewfull=1#post4253587

A FORTUNE in taxpayers’ cash is being handed over to multinationals – for taking on staff they already employ.

The scandal at the heart of the UK government’s flagship back-to-work scheme can be revealed today as sources claim JobCentre staff are being told to get rid of the cash to meet budget targets.

Internal documents show the Government are paying the multinational firms a bonus for workers they already employ.

Sources say the cash – designed to help cut unemployment – is now handed to profitable firms to help the Department for Work and Pensions hit their targets.

The “wage incentive” of £2275 for each young worker hired is part of Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg’s £1billion Youth Contract.

But figures seen by the Sunday Mail reveal the DWP have only been able to get 6500 people into jobs since the start of the year through the scheme.

Instead, Jobcentre Plus staff are being told to offer companies the bonuses for staff they have already taken on. A source said: “This is the No1 back-to-work scheme in the country and we’ve been allocated money that we have to spend. “In order to meet targets, we are hunting employers and saying to them, ‘Take our money, take our money’.

“Essentially, we are paying companies to employ people they have already taken on.

“Staff are under extreme pressure. We’re told it is a ministerial and political priority but the priorities are all wrong.

“There are people who are being driven to suicide because they can’t afford the bedroom tax and here we are paying firms for workers they have already taken on.”

The initial aim of the scheme was to get more than 160,000 unemployed 18 to 24-year-olds into work by helping firms with National Insurance contributions for employees.

But the situation has become so bad that employers are being asked to give lists of staff they have taken on. Jobcentres have been asked to trawl through them to find workers for whom the firms are entitled a bonus.

Source http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/taxpayers-cash-being-dished-out-1956047

Edited by osdset

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Will ingeus always exist like they do now and since June 2011? I remember withdrawi g consent and when handed 1 letter to JC the guy who worked in there asked who it was for I told him and his face changed and be said 'oh them....everyone's complaining about them, I wish More on the staff at the ingeus office i went than just being without a job,

Hey everyone, was after some info, sorry if the next questions I am going to ask has been covered before, I did have a quick scan through pages but didn't see or missed it so sorry again.

1st....was wanting to know when I was due to finish at Ingeus (been almost 2yrs) Ingeus wouldn't give me any dates so rang the JC they told me I have to be on the WP for 104 weeks and it will be upto Ingeus to let me know my finish date. so going by the date I started that I got off JC my 104 weeks are up on the 10th July next month, Got my next advisor appointment today for the 15th July for standard interview...and for them to check up on my CV drop I was told to do. So what I wanted to know from anyone who has just finished is will Ingeus get in touch to say when I finish and will it be from Ingeus office or my advisor....also JC said they were not sure if the 6weeks during the WP I worked in a temp job are counted in the 2yrs.....so the other thing I wanted to know is, is the 2yrs from start date til the 104 weeks are up or do they add on any weeks where you may of found work? THANK YOU in advance for any help you guys/gals can give me....as you may be able to tell......want to get off this thing as soon as I can ha ha.

The 104 weeks should start from the time of your initial appointment with Ingeus and went through their induction programme. The six weeks of temporary employment can be counted as a "Mandatory Work Activity" in place of having to do "voluntary" placements at the likes of Poundland. So if the "adviser" has been doing his/her job properly, this six week period should count as part of your 104 week sentence (DWP WP guidance notes should cover this). Notice to the provider regarding exit reports should be sent out by the DWP automatically, so it could be that your end date is down as August 21st.

I would suggest going in with any job search records at the bottom of the pile and insist on an exit review with immediate effect. Point out that the 104 week clock started ticking from the date of the first appointment and any temp work is to be counted as MWA - By the time your "adviser" has got his/her arse in to gear, any job search records will have been forgotten about. You may need to be forceful to get a result, but as always, record the conversation.

The next step is high risk as it could lead to a failure to attend sanction:

Point out (in clear and uncertain terms) that as you consider the 104 week attachment to be at an end, any further "appointments" are entirely voluntary. As a consequence, you expect to be compensated for time and expenses (say £50 min). Decline any further contact unless compensation is offered.

I did something very similar a couple of years back with A4e and picked up a sanction for my efforts - The silly harpie made the mistake of issuing the paperwork after I had signed off, so it had zero effect on me.

Edited by Mr.P

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Hey everyone, was after some info, sorry if the next questions I am going to ask has been covered before, I did have a quick scan through pages but didn't see or missed it so sorry again.

1st....was wanting to know when I was due to finish at Ingeus (been almost 2yrs) Ingeus wouldn't give me any dates so rang the JC they told me I have to be on the WP for 104 weeks and it will be upto Ingeus to let me know my finish date. so going by the date I started that I got off JC my 104 weeks are up on the 10th July next month, Got my next advisor appointment today for the 15th July for standard interview...and for them to check up on my CV drop I was told to do. So what I wanted to know from anyone who has just finished is will Ingeus get in touch to say when I finish and will it be from Ingeus office or my advisor....also JC said they were not sure if the 6weeks during the WP I worked in a temp job are counted in the 2yrs.....so the other thing I wanted to know is, is the 2yrs from start date til the 104 weeks are up or do they add on any weeks where you may of found work? THANK YOU in advance for any help you guys/gals can give me....as you may be able to tell......want to get off this thing as soon as I can ha ha.

It depends on whether your temporary job (lasting 6 weeks) prompted you to sign off, and afterwards, signed on.... in which case the 6 weeks where you signed off does not count.

It depends on whether your temporary job (lasting 6 weeks) prompted you to sign off, and afterwards, signed on.... in which case the 6 weeks where you signed off does not count.

Thank you for the reply.

So does that mean if someone is on the WP for a year then gets a job and signs off......if the job lasts 2yrs or longer, then the job ends for whatever reason they have to go back and finish the last year of the WP.....that doesn't seem fair or right....god hate this WP more now ha.

The 104 weeks should start from the time of your initial appointment with Ingeus and went through their induction programme. The six weeks of temporary employment can be counted as a "Mandatory Work Activity" in place of having to do "voluntary" placements at the likes of Poundland. So if the "adviser" has been doing his/her job properly, this six week period should count as part of your 104 week sentence (DWP WP guidance notes should cover this). Notice to the provider regarding exit reports should be sent out by the DWP automatically, so it could be that your end date is down as August 21st.

I would suggest going in with any job search records at the bottom of the pile and insist on an exit review with immediate effect. Point out that the 104 week clock started ticking from the date of the first appointment and any temp work is to be counted as MWA - By the time your "adviser" has got his/her arse in to gear, any job search records will have been forgotten about. You may need to be forceful to get a result, but as always, record the conversation.

The next step is high risk as it could lead to a failure to attend sanction:

Point out (in clear and uncertain terms) that as you consider the 104 week attachment to be at an end, any further "appointments" are entirely voluntary. As a consequence, you expect to be compensated for time and expenses (say £50 min). Decline any further contact unless compensation is offered.

I did something very similar a couple of years back with A4e and picked up a sanction for my efforts - The silly harpie made the mistake of issuing the paperwork after I had signed off, so it had zero effect on me.

Thank you MrP for your reply.

good this thing it so annoying, just want rid....never thought I would be happy to get back to the JC ha, just hope one of the jobs I have been applying for come through.

Will look into this end date more as still confused...that could be just me haha will check out the WP guide/rules thank you again.

Thank you for the reply.

So does that mean if someone is on the WP for a year then gets a job and signs off......if the job lasts 2yrs or longer, then the job ends for whatever reason they have to go back and finish the last year of the WP.....that doesn't seem fair or right....god hate this WP more now ha.

Correct.... however, between the time you sign off and sign back on, the Work Programme may have ended, and been superceded by the next variant of George Iain Duncan Smiths and/or Mr Freud's insanity.