Buildings insurance problem.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for your time, yes I believe I need an assessor. Finding one that would take this mess on maybe hard, but it has to be done. The original report speaks volumes. I never agreed any changes in fact I am still arguing the changes made. They have completely ignored me. The house was left in a mess and unfinished, the insurers paid the contractors and the surveyors. .

It would be interesting to know the name of the insurers?

I pressume you agreed a fee with the surveyor for his initial report; who paid it yourself and then claimed it back or did the insurers pay direct?

What did you think of his report; did it cover all the points and you agreed with his recommendations?

Why did you not want him involved with the remedial works?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to gat a feel for it.

Just another point, did the insurance company appoint the contractor to do the works or you? ok two points, what sort of work was involed, I am pressuming structural works, or maybe three, how long was the contract?

At this stage I will not be going public with the insurers name.

I was going to pay the surveyor direct but was told the insurer was paying his bill under the policy.

As far as his report went, it covered some of the items and seemed to make sense. At that stage I really did not know much about subsidence. It’s been a learning curve.

I did not want him involved with the work as I been told the problems would reoccur in the future as the repairs were insufficient. Actually I think it was him that said this. So I had decided that the loss adjuster firm should deal with the works that way there could be no come backs. Plus at that time I did not have money to bring on a surveyor full time.

The surveyor appointed the contractor.

A small amount of structural work was done the rest was just a cover up job. Not even done to a reasonable standard.

The contract has spanned a fair while.

I hope this helps.

Edited by shara

At this stage I will not be going public with the insurers name.

I was going to pay the surveyor direct but was told the insurer was paying his bill under the policy.

As far as his report went, it covered some of the items and seemed to make sense. At that stage I really did not know much about subsidence. It’s been a learning curve.

I did not want him involved with the work as I been told the problems would reoccur in the future as the repairs were insufficient. Actually I think it was him that said this. So I had decided that the loss adjuster firm should deal with the works that way there could be no come backs. Plus at that time I did not have money to bring on a surveyor full time.

The surveyor appointed the contractor.

A small amount of structural work was done the rest was just a cover up job. Not even done to a reasonable standard.

The contract has spanned a fair while.

I hope this helps.

so the loss adjusters ( who work for the insurers ) appointed your surveyor to oversee the works and decide on the scope; he then appointed the contractor.

But he told you the works proposed were insufficient??!! and subsidence may reoccur!

It is normal for your assessor or engineer costs to be met by the insurance co. so would not cost you anything.

If any defects/problems have occured since the work was finished, you can ask the insurers/contractor to put them right and sue them if necessary.

Again it seems your original surveyor has not acted in your best interests or proffessionaly and you must make a complaint or even sue for negligence.

Suggest you get an independant report done by Structural Engineer/ surveyor to inspect and go through what was done in light of the problems.

You will need this if you intend to go court.

so the loss adjusters ( who work for the insurers ) appointed your surveyor to oversee the works and decide on the scope; he then appointed the contractor.

But he told you the works proposed were insufficient??!! and subsidence may reoccur!

It is normal for your assessor or engineer costs to be met by the insurance co. so would not cost you anything.

If any defects/problems have occured since the work was finished, you can ask the insurers/contractor to put them right and sue them if necessary.

Again it seems your original surveyor has not acted in your best interests or proffessionaly and you must make a complaint or even sue for negligence.

Suggest you get an independant report done by Structural Engineer/ surveyor to inspect and go through what was done in light of the problems.

You will need this if you intend to go court.

[ Yes the above sounds about right........ I will take your advice and get a second report done to also include the work they did not finish. Many thanks

]

Edited by shara
spelling