Loan 'Late Payment' Fees

adamc6671
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I've just seen a TV advert, that strongly implies that late payment fees charged to a loan account may be recoverable.

Does anyone know if this is just 'pie in the sky', or if there really is a genuine way of recovering excessive late payment fees charged on loans.

I ask this as my 'other half' has had a loan, originally for £8,000, from Intelligent Finance, taken out about 8 years ago, that she defaulted (made payments late) on many occasions, being charged £30 a time for this, and running up a total well in excess of £1,000 in late payment fees. IF eventually turned the account over to 'Blair, Oliver, and Scott' who are their debt recovery people, who, it has to be said, have behaved very well in managing the debt, and Tish is now close to paying off the whole debt.

It would be very good to know, though, if there is any realistic way of recovering any or all of those late payment fees, and huge thanks, in advance, to anyone on The Consumer Forums who may be able to offer advice, whether positive or negative!

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

yes all unlawful fees on everything bar bank accounts are reclaimable as is mis-sold PPI + the interest thay have charged in relation to them too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm sure Intelligent Finance is a division of Bank of Scotland plc which is part of Lloyds Banking Group. It was established as a division of Halifax plc in 2000 and Blair, Oliver, and Scott are the 'In house' collections department at HBOS so looks like the debts still with the OC.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

yes all unlawful fees on everything bar bank accounts are reclaimable as is mis-sold PPI + the interest thay have charged in relation to them too.

dx

Huge thanks for that, dx.

The next big question is how does one go about the reclaim process? Is it the same as the process many of us went through for bank charges?

The big problem is that Tish has not kept her statements from IF, so working out the exact ammount charged in Late Payment fees is nigh on impossible. Are IF obliged to provide copies of all the statements upon request?

Finally how far is it possible to go back in time with the claim, as many of these charges were levied up to 8 years ago?

Once again, any advice will be greatly appreciated, and many thanks.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

Hi there

Process is

1 Prepare schedule of Claim

2 Preliminary Letter

3 Letter Before Action

4 Court

No time limit....mis -sold ppi all comes back and fees are covered by section 32 Limitations Act 1980 paid under a mistake

SAR will be needed to lender to yield statements/transaction history. That's your first move.

ims

Hi there

Process is

1 Prepare schedule of Claim

2 Preliminary Letter

3 Letter Before Action

4 Court

No time limit....mis -sold ppi all comes back and fees are covered by section 32 Limitations Act 1980 paid under a mistake

SAR will be needed to lender to yield statements/transaction history. That's your first move.

ims

Huge thanks ims. Just to clarify, there was no PPI attached to this loan, so the claim will be for late payment fees, and interest (presumably at 8%) thereon.

I'll start work on the Subject Access Request shortly, and let you know how it goes!

Does anyone know if this is likely to be settled before Court action starts, or are IF likely to push it all the way?

Once again, many thanks

Adam.

Hi Adam

Regarding them settling before court I think the answer has to be "Who Knows?" But I would be prepared and ready for any eventuality.

Sorry, don't know where I got ppi from. Interest is at the rate they charged you on these fees or, in the unlikely event they didn't charge interest it would be at 8%.

ims

Hi Adam

Regarding them settling before court I think the answer has to be "Who Knows?" But I would be prepared and ready for any eventuality.

Sorry, don't know where I got ppi from. Interest is at the rate they charged you on these fees or, in the unlikely event they didn't charge interest it would be at 8%.

ims

Thanks again, ims.

Do you happen to know how to copy and paste the SAR template letter? I have tried, but I'm not able to copy the text!

Adam.

Thanks again, ims.

Do you happen to know how to copy and paste the SAR template letter? I have tried, but I'm not able to copy the text!

Adam.

Highlight all the text in the template

hold downt Ctrl key and hit C key. This will copy it to the clipboard

Go to your word processor, position the cursor. Hold down Ctrl key and hit the V key. This will paste it into your document. (or should do)

ims

Thanks ims.

Sadly I tried to do exactly that, but it wouldn't allow me to highlight the required text!

Thankfully maroondevo has sorted me out by pm'ing me a copy!

Adam.