Council letter accusing me of alleged disabled badge fraud

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly then he didn't act professionally. However, you did miss-use the badge so you could of been prosectued had the CEO gone about things the right way. As other have said, without the badge holder being conveyed in the car renders the badge invalid.

As Ive said, at the time I wasnt aware of that, and fortunately I have itemised phone billing which proves the phone call I made to get the advice I have outlined above. I think that combined with them knowing if they try to pin me Id have a fair case of being misled by the chap on the phone, and the excessive behaviour of their CEO. From what Ive been told the only reason hes still in a job because I havent made a complaint. Im not making attempt to excuse the the fact that the badge has indeed been misuse, but in all fairness, it was a genuine mistake, and one that wont be made in the future hence potentially causing a problem to rightful BB holders.

Incorrect.

Please get your 'facts' right. If My wife parks my car and displays my blue badge whilst collecting me from a place, she can indeed display my badge. The display of the badge MUST be for the direct benefit of the BB holder. She cannot however park, display my badge, go and get me, park me further down the road near the kerb and then bring the car to me. Provided I either enter or leave the car whilst the BB is being used, then no offence is committed.

Equally, I cannot park and display the badge, stay in the car and someone else exits the car even for my benefit - ie the chemist scenario above. As there would be no actual reason why I should use the BB badge, but could park in the next street or a multi story car park and that person is capable of walking to do the errund.

Bang on I wish everyone would read the booklet you get when you receive your Blue Badge. I have heard a few people who believe they can use the badge if they are doing something on behalf of the holder.

The council rep who gave hhh_88873 that information should receive a kick up the backside.

I have a friend who used to drag her mother into the city centre shopping so she could park on yellow lines outside the shops, without her mother ever getting out of the car! She don't do it no more after being caught and the badge taken off her mother for a while.

The worst thing about Blue badge abuse is us who have and use them legitimately are often looked at with disdain, if our disability is not obvious.

I've unapproved some posts until we have sorted something out. Please be responsible with your posts until then.

Conniff

Typical. One of the removed posts was the one that I got a reputation click for!

Can one of the mods please explain why my post was removed? Here is an exact copy of that post which has even been quoted above. It was neither offensive or problematic. It was in response to another poster who claimed that it is illegal to use a blue badge unless the holder is present. That post is still there, yet my perfectly sensible post was deleted?

If you mods carry on deleting good information popsted by me, I will just not bother.

Here is the wording you chose to remove:

Incorrect.

Please get your 'facts' right. If My wife parks my car and displays my blue badge whilst collecting me from a place, she can indeed display my badge. The display of the badge MUST be for the direct benefit of the BB holder. She cannot however park, display my badge, go and get me, park me further down the road near the kerb and then bring the car to me. Provided I either enter or leave the car whilst the BB is being used, then no offence is committed.

Equally, I cannot park and display the badge, stay in the car and someone else exits the car even for my benefit - ie the chemist scenario above. As there would be no actual reason why I should use the BB badge, but could park in the next street or a multi story car park and that person is capable of walking to do the errund.

I think its because the site team are looking into whether it is appropate for the NP (not the OP of the thread) to be called a criminal in open forum or not. I also have had perfectly reasonable posts removed but according to Connif (post #107), it is possbily a temporary measure.

I think its because the site team are looking into whether it is appropate for the NP (not the OP of the thread) to be called a criminal in open forum or not.

Not exactly rocket science is it? I'm sure if I came on here and said I'd shot my wife in cold blood I'd be called a murderer even if I had not yet been convicted in court. (ps I have not really shot my wife just to avoid any missunderstanding!!) I personally cannot see the difference from pointing out someone has commited crime and calling them a criminal, if they had lied they'd be called a liar whats the difference hypothetically of course everyone in this thread are squeaky clean honest citizens.

Morally maybe but legally you are wrong provided the person who holds the badge is either in the car when it parks or when it leaves the badge can be used. The booklet mentions 'benefit of the holder' etc but legally the law does not it merely states the car must be driven to or from the parking place by the holder or used to carry them to or from the parking place.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks