sar response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

right im about aweek away from the 40 days. i have prove from royal mail it was signed for (even if the signature was a swiggle!) but ive got a name.

what happens if i dont see a response from them within the 40 days?

ive also seen that sometimes they ask for prove of identity? obviously this should only hold up them sending the sar out if they request it from me?

right im about aweek away from the 40 days. i have prove from royal mail it was signed for (even if the signature was a swiggle!) but ive got a name.

what happens if i dont see a response from them within the 40 days?

ive also seen that sometimes they ask for prove of identity? obviously this should only hold up them sending the sar out if they request it from me?

Hi dodgy

Don't jump the gun here...they still have time.

BUT, if they dont comply you can then force them to comply with a complaint to the Information Commissioner and/or by taking them to court.

They would be silly to ask for proof of ID at this late stage as they will clearly be guilty of a delaying tactic.

Sit tight until the 40 days is up.

ims

i recieved a letter today from HFC bank? they state they cannot find my account. the letter is stamped by hsbc and says uk data privacy compliance on it so i pressume its been to the right place. ive never heard of hfc

Hi dodgy

I assume you sent it to the correct address and gave some account numbers. HFC are part of HSBC but unusual to get a reply from HFC when you wrote to HSBC.

Assuming the above is correct I would send a letter informing them that they and their Data Controller are now in breach of the DPA and that unless you receive the information requested in your subject access request within 7 days you will be issuing in court to force them to comply. In that action you will also be naming their Data Controller and seeking damages at the court's discretion.

ims

Edited by ims21

yeh sent to the address that i found on this forum. like i said its stamped by various departments on the letter saying they have received it at hsbc. i spoke to customers services today

and had to explain what a sar was because she didn't know what it was?????

ive had a few issues with them before this and it seams like they are giving me the run around hoping i will go away.

is there a template letter i can send now??

It is not surprising that ''customer disservice'' had no idea what a SAR is they are programmed each morning with the company script,

involve them in any other dialogue and they blow a fuse:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Send them this

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Wallies

s7 Data Protection Act - Subject Access Request

I refer to my Subject Access Request dated (XXXXX) and received by you on (XXXX), copy enclosed.

I have today received a reply from a differnt organisation in your banking group and I enclose a copy of that letter for your reference.

You have failed to comply with my legal request made under s7 Data Protection Act 1998 within the prescribed time limits and as a result your organisation and your Data Controller are in breach of that Act.

Please be aware that if I do not receive all of the information requested in my aforementioned Subject Access Request within 7 days of the date of this letter (14 if you want to be kind) I will be issuing court proceedings to force you to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and I shall be naming your Data Cntroller in any action that I bring. I shall also request the court to award me damages in an amount to be decided at the court's discretion.

Yours faithfully,

"

ims

No the Data Protection Act says that you can demand on payment of the prescribed fee (£10.00)

they must provide ALL data they hold and from what ever system they hold it, including recorded

phone contact.

A little more detail will enable the guys to help.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

so i have sent the letter hsbc and i know theyve recieved it. do i class it as them not wanting to comply? why would they pass it to hfs bank??

is sending the second letter in this thread the next step?