Albion AND Moorcrap chasing same debt amazon HBOS credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one must ask why you want to converse with the fleecers,

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I too could do with their e-mail address.

My partner and I have several defaulted accounts with the bank that we bailed out.

B, O & S write to us every few months to "review" our payment plan,

and we in turn confirm we are still on pension credits snd sickness benefits, and have not won the lottery.

They for their part write back accepting our £1.

The money we spend on stamps and stationary mounts up,

plus there is the difficulty of getting the letters posted,

an e-mil address for them would save costs and make it possible to keep in contact.

Later on when the ConDems stop sickness benefits and I have to stop paying them an e-mail would make things

a lot easier to answer the plethora of letters I will certainly get.

Phoning is not possible so an e-mail addy would help.

I know there is a fax no. somewhere on their site but can't find it at present and have never seen

a e-mail address.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Personally, emailing them (unless you set up an email address specifically for this purpose) will just result in a flood of emails from them. I would say that writing is the best way to contact these companies. You can do without constant bombardment!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

I use e-mails a lot to contact DCAs and have not as yet suffered any bombardment, I do get lots of notices from freds telling me the e-mail I sent them months ago was not read, but I consider these as amusment. The beauty of e-mails is that if you start geting to many you can send them straight to your junk mail folder without them even infesting your inbox; something you cannot do with letters, phone calls or texts. As a plus they cannot say they did not get them as you get sent a little note when they are read.

To be honest, I would rather have a flood of emails than junk through my letterbox. Also, the cost of a stamp is very expensive these days and Royal Mail don't always deliver. Email is also quicker.

You sound like you have experience of emailing them. Do you know their email address please Tootles?

Have checked and can't find an e-mail address at all.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi there Big Shoooz may I ask your reason for contacting them? All advice ever given to me rearding BOS (and there has been a lot) has taught me to keep a track of everything I have ever sent them and only send it recorded. Do not let these people fill you with dread, I learnt that with the help of this forum you can deal with most of what may or will come your way. My advice would be to keep everything in writing and send recorded delivery - that way you get a signature or POD and never sign any letter you send them. Keep everything they send you and write the date on the letter and envelope on any correspondence you receive. also try to keep a tidy file this will help you keep track of whats what.

Good luck with everything.

Feely

Hi there Big Shoooz may I ask your reason for contacting them? All advice ever given to me rearding BOS (and there has been a lot) has taught me to keep a track of everything I have ever sent them and only send it recorded. Do not let these people fill you with dread, I learnt that with the help of this forum you can deal with most of what may or will come your way. My advice would be to keep everything in writing and send recorded delivery - that way you get a signature or POD and never sign any letter you send them. Keep everything they send you and write the date on the letter and envelope on any correspondence you receive. also try to keep a tidy file this will help you keep track of whats what.

Good luck with everything.

Feely

Hi Feely, I pay BO&S thorugh a DMP and I have recently had to reduce my payments due to giving up work because of ill health.

I sent them a CCA request and it came back clean but now they are demanding full payment of the debt (even though I am paying token payments through the DMP).

I just want to give them a peace of my mind and there is no way I am phoning them (especially as they have a premium rate number).

I would much rather send emails due to the reasons I mentioned above.

With hod number and phone them and ask for the address if they ask why you wan't just say you have an urgent legal

matter to sort out,and if they start asking questions hang up done this a few time to get info and only failed once.

I have only sent one email to a DCA, namely CSL Ltd. I set up an email address specific to the dca and not a very complimentary one either!

I sent them a brief missive with the concluding line as follows; Take note of my email address, it accurately reflects my opinion of your company!

Something along the lines of [email protected]

my advice to you would be to prepare for your use only an I&E form, to assess what you can actually pay towards this debt. You can set up a SO yourself to pay BOS direct, but if payplan works for you then dont change it.

Write to BOS and tell them what you intend to pay and pay it. You can of course pay it direct to the original creditor! nothing stops you doing that.

May I ask what this is for? a credit card or loan?

You sound like you have experience of emailing them. Do you know their email address please Tootles?

No sorry, I don't have any experience of them, and I don't know their email address, but having been on the other end of DCAs in the past and again now, I wouldn't (personally) want them to have any other ways of getting hold of me!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

my advice to you would be to prepare for your use only an I&E form, to assess what you can actually pay towards this debt. You can set up a SO yourself to pay BOS direct, but if payplan works for you then dont change it.

Write to BOS and tell them what you intend to pay and pay it. You can of course pay it direct to the original creditor! nothing stops you doing that.

May I ask what this is for? a credit card or loan?

It's an old Amazon credit card.

Because I'm on pitiful benefits they are only getting a £1 token payment each month.

Cannot get an e-mail address I ntried my phone trick and was told they dn'to use the e-mails

Cannot get an e-mail address I ntried my phone trick and was told they dn'to use the e-mails

Nevermind, thanks very much for trying Brig. Seems I'll have to use the silver-trail-mail after all!!

It's hard to believe in this age of technology that these people have not moved over to emails....just goes to show they aren't using email because they don't make any money off it unlike premium rate phone numbers!

Probably afraid some one will actually have to read a communication and do some thing about it.:-x

Well thats their problem, when they write to me it takes me only a short time to pen a reply but it takes quite a few days before I can get it to the post box, and them quite a few more for the 2nd class letter to get to them. I believe they can be contacted on HBOS's number 01314427777 where you will need to ask to be put through to them, or the number of the office where they work (HBOS again) on 01383426000, again ask for them.

But to be honest if they want to stay in the thatcher years they can't complain if it takes weeks for their letters to be replied to.

Luddites afraid of technology taking their crayons away!

I suggest you put your efforts into writing them a simple and strighforward letter telling them what you are paying and leave it at that, they will win no favours if they decide to take you to court and a judge rules in your favour, which he will. Make sure that you have done your figures and dont stretch yourself, take everything into account.

When did you open this account and how do you know the CA is enforceable - I suggest you post it up here for others to look at. in the meantime send off for a SAR which will cost £10 to see what charges have been added to your account and go and claim them back - DX100 is the chap you need to get hold off - he is excellent and will steer you in the right direction.

How long have you been paying payplan and how much is the debt for?