tax credits

winandy01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Slight problem with tax credits! I wrote to HM customs in october of last year to inform them that my partner would be moving in I heard nothing until a letter arrived in January 2011 asking if my claim as a single person was correct this was sent from the compliance team I once again wrote back and said that they were informed by letter in October that I was no longer single. I have now received yet another letter from Compliance Operations stating that there records show my partner is living with me and basically why were they not informed?!!!!!!! I have always put any changes in writing to them due to the fact that it takes hours to get through and mistakes have been made by phone in the past. I am assuming right that an overpayment will have been made and whats my next course of action?

Hi Ruby

Yes they have still been paying me i have just received renewal forms as well so I just assumed that everything was ok and was going to fill new forms in on a joint claim!

Regards

Janet

Hi I think you need to call them asap and explain that your partner moved in Oct 2010.

There will be a overpayment , but you need to stop that single claim asap the longer you leave it the bigger over payment , Hope you get it all sorted with out any problems .

Regards Ruby.