triton pushing me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi every one i have company called triton pushing me for money i dont have two credit cards that natwest passed onto them one for £1600 the other £2500 every time they ring they wont accept my offer and hang phone up on me,i have had letter few days ago to say that i will be taken to cout which i dont want i can afford pay them £20 a month but they want £90,any advice has i cant speak to them on the phone cause there just a bunch off pr****.Please help i dont want them contact my work or family

Send them this;

Dear Sir or Madam

Harassment by telephone

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only. [if you Want Them to]

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully, **Print name do not sign**

They are trying as hard as they can to make you pay as much as they can get

Only offer what you can afford - £1pm if that's all that you have

They won't take you to court if you are making offers to pay, but as I said - only what you can afford.

A judge wouldn't make you pay more!

Don't be pressured - send your offer in writing, stop dealing with them over the phone. That way if they were stupid enough to take you to court, you can show that you were trying to pay.

The best way to pay is standing order. That way they can't take more than you agree. Ask them for the neccessary details. Don't go for a direct debit, credit card or debit card payment. Even with a cheque, an unscrupulous company could use the details to set up a direct debit

Edited by 2Grumpy
line breaks - where do they go?

cerberus is right. Send them the telephone harrassment letter -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter -

and include a copy of the recording notice too. (Even if you don't - you are saying you could/might/may etc...) -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?494-Formal-notice-of-telephone-recording

Now that you've had your tea - how old are these cards? have you been paying NatWest? Give us some details of the position please and then the experts will be along to help..... I am just like you, a subscriber who won't let the banks or DCA's have me over!

cards are 2 years old passed to triton bout year now,get phone calls from them saying they will take me court if i dont pay what they want wont accept my offers which i would never miss payment if they did,is there draft letter some were i can print off and send to them with my offer off standing order

cards are 2 years old passed to triton bout year now,get phone calls from them saying they will take me court if i dont pay what they want wont accept my offers which i would never miss payment if they did,is there draft letter some were i can print off and send to them with my offer off standing order

as cerberus first said, send them the harrassment/notice of recording letter.

I'm sure someone with more experience than me can help you with your payment offers......

Ultimately, though, if they refuse an offer and it goes to court, a judge will decide how much they get having reviewed your income and expenditure. Be realistic with your offer. Which means paying them what you really can afford and NOT A PENNY MORE!!! (If you really insist on paying them anything, that is)